Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
The annual Gold Coast Magic Millions Racing Carnival is higlighted by the $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic and the $2 Million Magic Millions 3YO Guineas. The date for the 2020 Gold Coast Magic Millions Race Day is Saturday 11th January, 2020.
Gold Coast Magic Millions Racing Carnival News
- 2021 Magic Millions Cup Field & Betting: Favourite Yao Dash Draws Barrier 1
- Magic Millions 2YO Classic 2021 Betting Update: Punters Act Swiftly
- Swift Witness Leads 2021 Magic Millions 2YO Classic Field & Odds
- Magic Millions 2YO Classic Results 2020: Away Game Flies Home in Upset
- Invincibella Wins Historical Third Magic Millions Fillies & Mares Race
The Magic Millions Racing Carnival is the biggest and most anticipated thoroughbred racing event held at the Gold Coast Racecourse in Queensland. The fortnight-long festival takes place in January each year and is one of the most celebrated events in the Australian racing industry.
The whole carnival, which includes an array of attractions from its world-famous yearling sale to its major Magic Millions Race Day, brings in millions of dollars to the Queensland economy with high profile buyers and top-class trainers from around the globe travelling to the Sunshine State every Magic Millions carnival.
There are two feature races that headline the carnival’s renowned nine-event race day held in mid-January, the $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m) and the $2 million Magic Millions 3YO Trophy (1400m). Both of the coveted sprint events are only open to horses purchased from previous Magic Millions Sales. There are also a number of other $1 million races on the Magic Millions Race Day program.
In the lead-up to the legendary race day, the Gold Coast Racecourse comes alive with a series of other entertainment – including yearling inspection days at the Magic Millions Sales Complex, smaller race days and famous luncheons and high teas such as the Women in Racing Magic Millions Luncheon.
Held on the second Saturday in January, Gold Coast Magic Millions Race Day draws an enormous crowd of excited spectators and eager punters ready to make millions of their own! In total the day has over $10 million in prize money to give away across the 10 races that take place and on the day the course is also home to the Magic Millions Fashions on the Field competition. As well as the two feature events eligible only to Magic Millions sale graduates, there are eight other stakes races on the day.
Magic Millions Day on the Gold Coast was the country’s first $10 million race day with prize money increased across the races in 2016. It has subsequently been surpassed by a number of other huge racing events including the world’s richest turf race – the $14 million The Everest – held during the spring in Sydney. Magic Millions betting is hugely popular at all bookmakers including Ladbrokes.com.au and all-in Magic Millions racing odds are on offer for both the 2020 Magic Millions 2YO Guineas and 2020 Magic Millions 3YO Guineas before the meeting takes place.
2020 Magic Millions Day Races
- $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m)
- $2 million Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (1400m)
- $1 million Magic Millions Cup (1400m)
- $1 million Magic Millions Snippets (1200m)
- $1 million Magic Millions Trophy (2400m)
- $1 million Magic Millions Fillies & Mares Handicap (1300m)
- $1 million Magic Millions QTIS Open (1300m)
- $250,000 Magic Millions Maiden Plate (1200m)
- $250,000 Magic Millions Quality Handicap (1800m)