A number of the top-fancied mares to take out...
The 2018 Melbourne Cup Results will be known when the two mile classic runs on Tuesday November 6, 2018 as Flemington Race 7.
2018 Melbourne Cup Results
- 1st: TBD
- 2nd: TBD
- 3rd: TBD
- 4th: TBD
Melbourne Cup Results News
- Field of 11 for 2019 Black Caviar Lightning
- Kementari favourite for 2019 C.F. Orr Stakes after favourable barrier draw
- 2018 Zipping Classic nominations include beaten Melbourne Cup favourite Yucatan
- Queen Elizabeth Winner Jaameh Sets Sights on 2019 Melbourne Cup
- 2018 Melbourne Cup Results: Cross Counter Wins
The Melbourne Cup Results are out as soon as the $6.2 million Group 1 Emirates Melbourne Cup (3200m) is run and won at 3:00pm (AEDT) at Flemington Racecourse on the first Tuesday of November each year.
The Melbourne Cup is the richest handicap race in the world and because of this, and because of the quality of contenders in the Melbourne Cup field, the Melbourne Cup results are the most anticipated set of race results each and every year.
2018 Melbourne Cup Results
The official 2018 Melbourne Cup Results & Finishing Order will be provided in full below as soon as the ‘Race That Stops A Nation’ is run and won on Tuesday November 6, 2018.
Read more on the 2018 Melbourne Cup Results following the conclusion of the race on November 6, 2018.
So what do the Melbourne Cup results cover?
- The Melbourne Cup Winner – which horse crossed the line first and has added their name to the history books, their starting price
- The Melbourne Cup Exacta – the first two horses over the line in the exact finishing order and how much the exacta paid
- The Melbourne Cup Quinella – the Melbourne Cup winner and runner-up, punters can pick these in either order, and how much the quinella paid
- The Melbourne Cup Trifecta – the first three placegetters from the Melbourne Cup and how much the trifecta paid
- The Melbourne Cup First Four – the top four horses to finish in the Melbourne Cup, and how much the first four paid
- Melbourne Cup Finishing Order – the exact finishing order of all the Melbourne Cup starters
- Melbourne Cup Scratchings – any horses that were scratched from the field
- Melbourne Cup Margin – the margin the Melbourne Cup winner had to spare over their rivals on the line
- Melbourne Cup Time – the winning time recorded by the Melbourne Cup champion
One of the best places to go for the Melbourne Cup Results is right here at Races.com.au, or to see how you Melbourne Cup bets paid head to our preferred bookmaker – Ladbrokes.com.au.
Past Melbourne Cup Results
View a complete list of Past Melbourne Cup Winners by following the link to our dedicated page of champion stayers.
Looking over past Melbourne Cup results can be useful for betting purposes, but you need to look deeper than just who finished first. The place finishers also matter as they may return in later years to have more success or to place again. Remember, a horse that you can rely on to finish near the front of the pack is a horse you want to have in your Melbourne Cup First Four box bet.
The trick to using past Melbourne Cup results to help your betting is to avoid just looking at the Cup results. While the Melbourne Cup is a standalone event that means an easy afternoon at work for many people, it is actually the peak of a long lead up period of racing. The winners and placegetters of a handful of lead up races have tended to finish well in the Cup, and knowledge of which races to watch can give you clues for your Melbourne Cup betting.
Melbourne Cup Winners
While you shouldn’t just focus on the winners when looking at past Melbourne Cup results to help your betting, Melbourne Cup winners are certainly worth watching in the future.
Melbourne Cup winners don’t just top the Melbourne Cup results – they go on to perform well in other major races as well. While not every champion has continued to have a successful career after their Cup win, it is usual that a gelding or mare will continue to race for some time. A full male horse is less likely to continue, however, as they can profitably be put to stud on the Melbourne Cup win alone.
Stay tuned for the Melbourne Cup 2018 Results on Tuesday November 6, 2018, 2018!
Recent Melbourne Cup Winners
See below for the Melbourne Cup Winners from 2000 – the present along with the winning Melbourne Cup trainers, jockeys and times.
|2017||Rekindling||Johannes Vermeer||Max Dynamite||3:21.19|
|2016||Almandin||Robert Hickmott||Kerrin McEvoy||3.20.58|
|2015||Prince Of Penzance||Darren Weir||Michelle Payne||3.23.1|
|2014||Protectionist||Andreas Wohler||Ryan Moore||3.17.7|
|2013||Fiorente||Gai Waterhouse||Damien Oliver||3.20.3|
|2012||Green Moon||Robert Hickmott||Brett Prebble||3.20.4|
|2011||Dunaden||Mikel Delzangles||C.P. Lemaire||3.20.8|
|2010||Americain||Alain De Royer-Dupre||Gerald Mosse||3.26.8|
|2009||Shocking||Mark Kavanagh||Corey Brown||3.23.8|
|2008||Viewed||JB Cummings||Blake Shinn||3.20.4|
|2007||Efficient||Graeme Rogerson||Michael Rodd||3.23.3|
|2006||Delta Bluess||Katsuhiko Sumii||Y. Iwata||3.21.5|
|2005||Makybe Diva||D.L. Freedman||Glen Boss||3.19.1|
|2004||Makybe Diva||D.L. Freedman||Glen Boss||3.28.5|
|2003||Makybe Diva||D.J. Hall||Glen Boss||3.19.9|
|2002||Media Puzzle||Dermot K. Weld||Damien Oliver||3.16.9|
|2001||Ethereal||Shelia Laxon||S. Seamer||3.21.0|
|2000||Brew||Michael Moroney||Kerrin McEvoy||3.18.6|