The Melbourne Cup Results are out as soon as the $6.2 million Group 1 Emirates Melbourne Cup (3200m) is run and won at 3:00pm (AEDST) at Flemington Racecourse on the first Tuesday of November each year.
The Melbourne Cup is the richest handicap race in the world and because of this, and because of the quality of contenders in the Melbourne Cup field, the Melbourne Cup results are the most anticipated set of race results each and every year.
2013 Melbourne Cup results were released on Tuesday November 5.
Get the 2014 Melbourne Cup results here.
So what do the Melbourne Cup results cover?
- The Melbourne Cup Winner – which horse crossed the line first and has added their name to the history books, their starting price
- The Melbourne Cup Exacta – the first two horses over the line in the exact finishing order and how much the exacta paid
- The Melbourne Cup Quinella – the Melbourne Cup winner and runner-up, punters can pick these in either order, and how much the quinella paid
- The Melbourne Cup Trifecta – the first three placegetters from the Melbourne Cup and how much the trifecta paid
- The Melbourne Cup First Four – the top four horses to finish in the Melbourne Cup, and how much the first four paid
- Melbourne Cup Finishing Order – the exact finishing order of all the Melbourne Cup starters
- Melbourne Cup Scratchings – any horses that were scratched from the field
- Melbourne Cup Margin – the margin the Melbourne Cup winner had to spare over their rivals on the line
- Melbourne Cup Time – the winning time recorded by the Melbourne Cup champion
One of the best places to go for the Melbourne Cup Results is right here at Races.com.au, or to see how you Melbourne Cup bets paid head to our preferred bookmaker – bookmaker.com.au.
Horse Racing Betting Offers
The best Australian online bookmakers, offering great bonuses and betting on Australian horse racing.
- Ladbrokes.com.au: $500 Bonus Bet* Offer Ends Soon - USE CODE SPRINGBONUS!
- bookmaker.com.au: $250 Bonus Bet* - code BONUSBET
- LuxBet: $300 Bonus Bet*
- Sportingbet: $200 First Bet Bonus*
Past Melbourne Cup Results
Looking over past Melbourne Cup results can be useful for betting purposes, but you need to look deeper than just who finished first. The place finishers also matter as they may return in later years to have more success or to place again. Remember, a horse that you can rely on to finish near the front of the pack is a horse you want to have in your Melbourne Cup First Four box bet.
The trick to using past Melbourne Cup results to help your betting is to avoid just looking at the Cup results. While the Melbourne Cup is a standalone event that means an easy afternoon at work for many people, it is actually the peak of a long lead up period of racing. The winners and placegetters of a handful of lead up races have tended to finish well in the Cup, and knowledge of which races to watch can give you clues for your Melbourne Cup betting.
Melbourne Cup Winners
While you shouldn’t just focus on the winners when looking at past Melbourne Cup results to help your betting, Melbourne Cup winners are certainly worth watching in the future.
Melbourne Cup winners don’t just top the Melbourne Cup results – they go on to perform well in other major races as well. While not every champion has continued to have a successful career after their Cup win, it is usual that a gelding or mare will continue to race for some time. A full male horse is less likely to continue, however, as they can profitably be put to stud on the Melbourne Cup win alone.
Stay tuned for the Melbourne Cup 2014 Results on Tuesday November 4th, 2014!