Melbourne Cup odds are not just pulled out of thin air, and knowing the factors that influence the odds will help you place a smarter bet at online bookies like Ladbrokes.com.au.
The 2015 Melbourne Cup odds will change based on factors such as how horses run in prep races, any injuries the top contenders take, and the weights assigned to each runner. Punters who keep on top of the information can use it to make smarter bets.
2015 Melbourne Cup Odds
The 2015 Melbourne Cup odds will change many times in the lead up to the race, but you will get the best odds by betting early.
In the pre-nomination Melbourne Cup betting odds the favourites can be found at prices of $20 and over making this a very lucrative way to punt on the world’s richest handicap.
Of course once the 2015 Melbourne Cup nominations are taken in early September the Melbourne Cup odds will become shorter.
Melbourne Cup Odds 2015
Early favourites in the pre-nomination 2015 Melbourne Cup odds you can bet on right now at Ladbrokes.com.au include:
- Fame Game – (Bet on Fame Game) – Japanese raider Fame Game booked his ticket to Australia when second in the Group 1 Tenno Sho (3200m) amongst some of the world’s best stayers earlier this year. Having run on for sixth in the Group 1 Caulfield Cup (2400m) a fortnight ago, Fame Game appears primed for a return to winning form in the 2015 Melbourne Cup .
- Trip To Paris – (Bet on Trip To Paris) – Trip To Paris won the Group 1 Ascot Gold Cup (4000m) in late July and entered 2015 Melbourne Cup markets at a long odds quote, but has continued to firm after savaging the line for second in the Caulfield Cup.
- Preferment – (Bet on Protectionist) – Preferment stamped himself as a serious racehorse when breaking through for a maiden win in the 2014 edition of the Group 1 Victoria Derby (2500m), and has returned to racing in slick form this time. Having taken out the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) on October 24th, the Zabeel entire failied to figure in the dying stages of the Cox Plate (2040m) was only using the race as a final tuning point for the 2015 Melbourne Cup.
Horse Racing Betting Offers
The best Australian online bookmakers, offering great bonuses and betting on Australian horse racing.
- Ladbrokes.com.au: $500 Bonus Bet* Offer - USE CODE BETBONUS!
- bookmaker.com.au: $250 Bonus Bet* - code BONUSBET
- LuxBet: Get $150 in Bonus Bet when you deposit $50*
- Sportingbet: $200 First Bet Bonus*
You can drastically improve your 2015 Melbourne Cup betting just by choosing to bet online.
If you do not yet have a funded account with an online betting site, you should get one. A good choice is Ladbrokes.com.au as it has frequent horse racing offers that may refund losing bets under special circumstances or make your wins pay off even bigger.
A great reason to get an online account is getting in on the early 2015 Melbourne Cup odds. Online betting sites offer excellent early odds on the Melbourne Cup, even putting out odds on the full list of nominations. The earliest odds can offer top favourites at over $20 – which you’ll never get on race day.
When you have a feeling about a horse you’ve seen in a lead up race, it’s crazy to wait until race day to place a bet. Smart bettors take advantage of the best Melbourne Cup 2015 odds available, checking out sites like Ladbrokes.com.au in the lead up to the event.
If you already have an account somewhere, consider joining a new online betting site. Online bookies treat new players very well at Melbourne Cup time, so you may benefit from special offers if you spread some of your Melbourne Cup betting bankroll to another site.
Melbourne Cup Bets 2015
Too many people stick to just win, place or each-way bets when they bet on the Melbourne Cup. It is especially sad to see this on race day when the odds have become ridiculously short. When placing your bet this year, think beyond the 2015 Melbourne Cup odds for a straight-up win bet and consider placing an exotic bet.
True, it is harder to accurately pick a quinella, exacta, Melbourne Cup trifecta, or box bet. However, the upshot of these bets is that they pay much more than a standard win bet.
Try betting online if you think that placing a Melbourne Cup 2015 exotic bet is too difficult. Online betting sites are designed with ease of use in mind, and most beginners understand how online betting interfaces work within a couple of minutes.