Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Nominations for all the 2011 Adelaide Cup Day features running at Allan Scott Park Morphettville on Monday March 14 have been released including those for the $200,000 Group 2 Yallambee Classic (1200m).
Morphettville racing this coming Monday is headlined by the $400,000 Group 2 Adelaide Cup (3200m), but the 2011 Yallambee Classic also provides punters with some top-class betting opportunities online through Luxbet.
A set weights race for three-year-olds, the Yallambee Classic has attracted 45 horses at nomination stage today including dual Group 1 winner Star Witness.
Also entered for this Saturday’s $1 million Group 1 Newmarket Handicap (1600m) and $1 million Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m), Star Witness is an unlikely acceptor for the Yallambee.
A sprint clash with the mighty Black Caviar in the Newmarket at Flemington on Saturday is the likely second-up assignment for the son of Starcraft, Star Witness then heading to Europe.
Many of the Yallambee Classic nominees are also vying for a start in the Newmarket Handicap on Saturday.
The 2011 Newmarket Handicap final field is released tomorrow, so stay tuned to Races.com.au to see which Yallambee Classic entries are accepted for the million showdown at Flemington instead of the Yallambee on Monday.
Victorian trainer Peter Moody has nominated six of his runners for the Yallambee Classic including Master Harry.
Magic Albert colt Master Harry is in red-hot form having won the Group 2 Royal Sovereign Stakes (1200m) at Randwick on February 12 and then storming home to claim a 2 ½ length win in the Listed Bob Hoysted Handicap (1000m) at Flemington last Saturday.
Other favourites among the Moody contingent are lightly-raced Exceed And Excel filly Kulgrinda and Fastnet Rock colt Hinchinbrook coming off a game third in the Group 1 Oakleigh Plate (1100m) and also a possible Newmarket Handicap acceptor.
Top three-year-olds among the 2011 Yallambee Classic include:
- Tropic Thunder (Mark Kavanagh) – More Than Ready colt coming off a black-type win in the Redelva Stakes at this track on February 26
- Crystal Lily (Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra) – Last year’s Golden Slipper winning filly looking to return to form after a first-up fifth to Black Caviar in the Group 1 Lightning Stakes, may run in Newmarket on Saturday instead
- Decision Time (Clarry Conners) – Foreplay gelding won the Listed Fireball Quality (1100m) first-up for the season on February 26 at Rosehill, also a Group winner during the spring and was second to Crystal Lily last autumn in the Golden Slipper
- Stirling Grove (Richard Jolly) – In-form local Mossman galloper coming off a 1200m win at Caulfield on Blue Diamond Stakes Day
- Obsequious (Peter Snowden) – Lonhro filly won the Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes first-up for the season at Randwick before being narrowly defeated on February 25 at Moonee Valley in the Listed Moonee Valley Plate last start, one of the best chances
- Spirited Eagle (Leon MacDonald & Andrew Gluyas) – Not A Single Doubt gelding showed form early in the season with a second in the Zeditave Stakes at Caulfield and then a third in the Group 3 CS Hayes Stakes before running ninth last weekend in the Group 1 Australian Guineas, will appreciate drop back in class and return to home track
The 2011 Yallambee Classic final field of acceptors will be released on Thursday along with the barrier draw and early betting markets.
Get ready for the elite Adelaide Cup Day racing action now and join thousands of winning punters by opening an account with Luxbet today quoting the codeword BONUSBET and enjoy a free welcome bet up to $400 instantly!
2011 Yallambee Classic Nominations
|#||Horse||Trainer||Ballot||Weight (kg)||Hcp. Rating|
|1||TROPIC THUNDER||Mark Kavanagh||1||56.5||82|
|2||DECISION TIME||Clarry Conners||5||56.5||105|
|3||STAR WITNESS||Danny O’Brien||6||56.5||113|
|4||HINCHINBROOK||Peter G Moody||7||56.5||99|
|5||STIRLING GROVE||Richard Jolly||9||56.5||95|
|6||MASTER HARRY||Peter G Moody||10||56.5||88|
|7||GENERAL TRUCE||Ricky Maund||12||56.5||89|
|8||SPIRITED EAGLE||Leon Macdonald & Andrew Gluyas||13||56.5||92|
|11||THAT’S NOT IT||Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra||16||56.5||82|
|12||UTAH SAINTS||Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra||18||56.5||76|
|14||ENJIN NUMBER NINE (NZ)||Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra||21||56.5||86|
|15||BELFAST BOY||Gordon Richards||22||56.5||75|
|16||HAPPY TRAILS||Paul Beshara||25||56.5||75|
|17||ADDICTION TO ROCK||Mark Minervini||26||56.5||75|
|18||INNOCENT GAMBLE||Mark Riley||27||56.5||76|
|19||BIT OF A DUDE||Stuart Gower||28||56.5||70|
|22||TRICKY TRICKY||Mick Price||33||56.5||68|
|23||CAPLAMP||John P Thompson||34||56.5||71|
|24||STRAVINSKY CODE||John Hyam||36||56.5||65|
|25||TOO DEADLY||Mark Kavanagh||37||56.5||71|
|26||COMMANDING TIME||Brendan McCarthy||42||56.5||65|
|27||KULGRINDA||Peter G Moody||2||54.5||77|
|28||OBSIDIAN DRAGON||David Balfour||3||54.5||85|
|29||CRYSTAL LILY||Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra||4||54.5||107|
|31||MISS GAI FLYER||Peter G Moody||11||54.5||93|
|32||MISS ELVEE||Robbie Griffiths||17||54.5||76|
|33||PANIPIQUE||Peter G Moody||19||54.5||88|
|34||FLOKKATI||Peter G Moody||23||54.5||78|
|35||ROYAL BENDER||Darren Weir||24||54.5||74|
|36||OFF AND LAUGHING||John P Thompson||29||54.5||74|
|38||CUDDLES FOR NAARA||John P Thompson||35||54.5||62|
|40||DANCE OF THE OCEAN||John P Thompson||39||54.5||68|
|41||MAGIC TARTAN (NZ)||John P Thompson||40||54.5||67|
|42||POTIONS||John P Thompson||41||54.5||67|
|44||SILENT FAITH||John Hyam||44||54.5||60|
|45||TIGRESS JOY||Leon Macdonald & Andrew Gluyas||45||54.5||63|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.