The 2017 All Aged Stakes steals the show at Randwick Racecourse this Easter long weekend in Sydney, a full form guide analysis and betting preview on the weight-for-age Group 1 found below.
A final field of ten gallopers is engaged for this season’s $600,000 Group 1 Schweppes All Aged Stakes (1400m) including two gallopers now battling for favouritism in the markets.
Current top elect in All Aged Stakes betting at Ladbrokes.com.au at $3.70 is the Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott-trained defending champion English.
The now four-year-old mare won as a filly last Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival and returns to defend her title having passed a vet check on Thursday for a minor leg laceration.
She comes off a second to Chautauqua in the Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes (1200m), the same race she ran third in before her All Aged Stakes success last year, and looks on track for a big show.
Her main danger is the Kris Lees-trained Le Romain ($3.80) who is second favourite in the All Aged Stakes odds to atone for his last start failure in the Doncaster Mile a fortnight back.
That’s the story told by the bookies, but what about the All Aged Stakes 2017 form guide, betting history and statistics?
2017 All Aged Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s All Aged Stakes winner was the Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott-trained filly English (2016) who came off a TJ Smith Stakes third and was ridden to victory from barrier 7 (of 8) by Sam Clipperton as a $6 shot in betting
- Gai Waterhouse (22-5-2-3) returns chasing successive All Aged Stakes wins by a trainer for the first time since John Wheeler (1992-93) with the defending champ #9 English ($3.70)
- #9 English is out to go back-to-back in the race for the first time since the Wheeler-trained Rough Habit (1992-93)
- The other dual All Aged Stakes winner since was the mare Sunline who won on non-successive years (2000 and 2002)
- The other previous All Aged Stakes winning trainers with a runner on the weekend are: David Hayes (3-1-1-0) with #2 Redkirk Warrior ($9); Chris Waller (12-1-1-1) with #3 Japonisme ($31) and #5 McCreery ($9.50); and John Hawkes (16-2-2-6) with #10 Divine Prophet ($12)
- The previous All Aged Stakes winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Hugh Bowman (11-1-0-2) on #1 Le Romain ($3.80) and Damien Oliver (11-2-1-2) on #8 Tivaci ($8.50)
- The TJ Smith Stakes has produced five of the past 12 All Aged Stakes winners including English (2nd in 2016) last year
- The TJ Smith Stakes graduates in the mix this year are: English (2nd), Tivaci (4th), Voodoo Lad (5th) and Japonisme (11th)
- Since 2004 just one of the 13 All Aged Stakes winners finished worse than third in their lead-up run when Hana’s Goal improved on a Doncaster Mile 6th in 2014
- The top three runners last time out in the mix this year are: #7 Jungle Edge (1st, Group 3 Star Kingdom Stakes, 1200m, Rosehill, 25/03/2017) and #9 English (2nd, Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes, 1200m, Randwick, 01/04/2017)
- Five favourites in All Aged Stakes betting have saluted for the punters in the past decade with All Too Hard ($2.75 in 2013) the most recent
- #9 English ($3.70) and #1 Le Romain ($3.80) are battling for top spot in the All Aged Stakes odds in 2017
- Fillies and mares have won four of the past seven editions of the race; #9 English is the sole mare in the All Aged Stakes field this year
- Three-year-olds have won three of the past five editions of the race; #10 Divine Prophet is the only three-year-old runner in 2017
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #2 Redkirk Warrior (45%) and #4 Voodoo Lad (45%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #4 Voodoo Lad (90%) followed by #1 Le Romain (82%)
- The previous winners at the Randwick track are: #1 Le Romain (9-4-3-0), #9 English (9-4-1-1), #6 Famous Seamous (17-3-0-3), #3 Japonisme (6-1-0-1), #5 McCreery (3-1-0-0) and #10 Divine Prophet (3-1-0-1)
- The horses with the best form over the distance (1400m) are: #4 Voodoo Lad (4-2-1-0), #5 McCreery (4-1-1-1), #7 Jungle Edge (4-1-0-1) and #8 Tivaci (5-1-1-0)
- #1 Le Romain (3-0-3-0) is yet to win over 1400m but has run second in all three starts over the All Aged Stakes distance
- With a wet-track likely on Saturday the horses with the best Heavy track records are: #1 Le Romain (5-2-2-0), #7 Jungle Edge (7-4-0-1), #4 Voodoo Lad (3-1-0-1) and #9 English (3-1-1-0)
Stay tuned for our insider All Aged Stakes 2017 betting tips to be published shortly, checking out the full race form guide below in the meantime provided by Ladbrokes.com.au.