On the weekend the Gold Coast Racecourse in Queensland is set to come alive for Magic Millions Day where two majors headline the action including the Magic Millions Guineas 2015 – a form guide analysis and betting preview for the three-year-olds’ showdown found right here.
Due to jump at 2:40pm (local) as Race 5 on Saturday, this year’s $1 million Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (1400m) field is at capacity with 16 starters including the first of five emergencies She’s Miss Devine coming in for early withdrawal Herstory.
Heading the Magic Millions 3YO Guineas betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au paying $3.50 for the win is Hijack Hussy, Tony Gollan’s in-form daughter of Hussonet drawn well in barrier six for Tommy Berry who has had plenty of success on this day in recent years.
Hijack Hussy won a black-type over the 1400m at Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day before being beaten as the short-priced favourite at her next two runs.
She was last seen crossing a close second in the Group 3 Vo Rogue Plate (1300m) at this track on December 27, an effort her Group 1 winning Brisbane-based trainer Gollan is confident she can improve on when getting back up to her pet distance of 1400m on the weekend.
Following the favourite filly in the Magic Millions 3YO Guineas odds are then the likes of the Gary Portelli-trained last start Rosehill winner Testashadow ($7) drawn wide in barrier 13, Gerald Ryan’s Flying Spur filly Aerobar ($8) coming off a win in the Wyong Magic Millions 3YO Stakes from December 18 and the Gai Waterhouse-trained Echo Gal ($8.50) who ran second in that same lead-up race.
While those four are dominating the markets below are some must know Magic Millions 3YO Guineas 2015 facts based on the race’s form guide and betting history so you can back a winner online at Ladbrokes.com.au this weekend!
2015 Magic Millions 3YO Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Magic Millions 3YO Guineas winner was the Gai Waterhouse-trained filly Sweet Idea who won second-up off a win in the Wyong Magic Millions Stakes with James McDonald in the saddle from a wide barrier 13 (of 16 draw)
- This year Waterhouse is after back-to-back wins with #13 Echo Gal ($8.50) to be ridden by Tommy Berry from barrier nine
- James McDonald meanwhile also eyes another win with another filly after his success 12 months ago this time aboard #15 Aerobar ($8) in gate four for trainer Gerald Ryan
- There are six last start winners in the race this year including this year’s Wyong Magic Millions 3YO Stakes winner #15 Aerobar and the Mick Mair-trained #10 Mywayorthehighway ($21) who upset Saturday’s favourite #11 Hijack Hussy ($3.50) with a win in the Vo Rogue Plate on December 27
- Last year’s winning barrier (13) on Saturday belongs to #3 Testashadow ($7) with Tim Clark to ride
- The best Win Rate of the field belongs to #7 Murt The Flirt (50%) followed by #2 Deiheros (40%), #10 Mywayorthehighway (40%) and #17 She’s Miss Devine (40%)
- The best Place Rate then belongs to fourth emergency #20 I Am Zelady (100%) followed by #2 Deiheros (80%), #10 Mywayorthehighway (80%), #17 She’s Miss Devine (80%) and #11 Hijack Hussy (78%)
- Horses with previous winning form over the distance (1400m) are: #1 Fixation (3-1-0-0), #3 Testashadow (4-2-1-0), #9 Liberty Island (2-1-0-1), #11 Hijack Hussy (3-2-0-0) and emergency #19e Polynikes (3-2-1-0)
- The only hopes with a previous Gold Coast win at the track are: #10 Mywayorthehighway (1-1-0-0), #11 Hijack Hussy (2-1-1-0), #12 Tales Of Fashion (3-1-0-0), #14 Stroak (3-1-0-0) and #18e Mister Booze (1-1-0-0)
See below for the complete Magic Millions 3YO Guineas 2015 form guide so you can use it and the above facts to place your bets at Ladbrokes.com.au where you could win shares in a racehorse this Magic Millions Day simply by placing a minimum $5 bet on any Gold Coast race on Saturday!