Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Many of you would answer no to the question posed above, but crazier things have happened. Unchain My Heart earned her spot on the 2014 Melbourne Cup field late in the game after The Offer was scratched from the race.
Unchain My Heart has had 58 starts in her career though just five of them have been at Group level. She surprised many when she earned a spot on the Group 1 Caulfield Cup (2400m) field last time out despite being the third emergency. She was near the tail on the rails and beaten some way in second last after not being to the level of the other runners.
She didn’t fare much better two races past in the Group 2 Herbert Power Stakes (2400m) when she jumped awkwardly and was slow to move.
Unchain My Heart is one of just two mares, along with Lucia Valentina, contesting the race.
She’s definitely down and out in terms of support but can Unchain My Heart cause a massive upset and win the 2014 Melbourne Cup? She’s a proven winner over the two mile and has plenty of experience over the Flemington track. Not to mention she’ll jump from the same gate as Fiorente won from in 2013 and will carry the second lowest weight in the race. Overall she’s not the worst runner on the field, which is reserved for Mr O’Ceirin.
Melbourne Cup Horse Form: #23 Unchain My Heart
- Barrier: 5
- Weight: 51.5kg
- Jockey: Dean Yendall
- Trainer: David Hayes & Tom Dabernig
- Owners: Grandlodge Racing, Ken Bee Sports (Aust) Pty Ltd, Mr D A Hayes
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Al Maher from Fly By Night
- Career: 58:10-6-7
- Win: 17%
- Place: 40%
- Last 6: 834390
- Prize Money: $592,580
- Track: 13:4-2-0
- Distance: 3:2-0-0
- Current 2014 Melbourne Cup Odds: $201
Why Unchain My Heart Can Cause An Upset To Win The 2014 Melbourne Cup
- Has good experience over the Flemington track with 13 starts, four of which she won and two of which she finished second
- Is a proven stayer having run three times at two mile, winning twice in the Andrew Ramsden Stakes
- Will get a good start from barrier five – the same Fiorente won from last year, which is also the second most successful barrier with six total winners
- Trainers David Hayes & Tom Dabernig have plenty of Melbourne Cup experience between them – 21 attempts – so they know the race well
Why Unchain My Heart Won’t Win The 2014 Melbourne Cup
- Not racing well enough to get near the other runners
- Hasn’t had a win since May despite six starts
- Not much experience at Group level and her last two attempts have been disappointing
- One of the lowest Win Rates (17%)
- Hayes & Dabernig best result was third way back in 1989 with Kudz
If you want to back Unchain My Heart and potentially get a huge windfall, open your online betting account at Ladbrokes.com.au today.
You could win $10 million this Melbourne Cup Day for just $1. Simply pick the first seven horses across the line and if you get them all right you’ll win the Ladbrokes MegaFecta and walk away $10 million richer.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.