Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
The feature Brisbane Racing Carnival event of the weekend is Eagle Farm’s Queensland Oaks 2014, the Races.com.au team’s insider form guide analysis and betting preview for which is detailed below.
There’s a full line-up of three-year-old fillies in the race with 18 starters plus five emergencies lying in wait for this year’s $400,000 Group 1 Treasury Casino & Hotel Queensland Oaks (2400m).
Of those only three are under $10 in the latest Queensland Oaks odds that are led by the David Vandyke-trained Arabian Gold ($2.50).
After twisting a shoe pre track gallop at Eagle Farm on Tuesday morning there were doubts about whether the flying grey would make it to the Oaks injury free.
Quick thinking from Vandyke saw her get a new shoe and avoid disaster, Arabian Gold galloper straight after without issue and no abscess forming since.
She’s on track then to salute in her fourth win on the trot and complete the Roses – Oaks double for the first time since Scarlett Lady in 2011.
Arabian Gold was also the big winner in the Queensland Oaks barrier draw with the inside gate that’s produced five past winners since 1983.
The others two best fancied are then the Rex Lipp-trained Silk Stocking winner Tinto ($7.50) who ran second after suffering a bumping in The Roses and the Luke Oliver-trained Victorian visitor Khutulun ($8) who earned a late entry after a nice second behind Straddie hope Sonntag at home last start.
That’s what the Queensland Oaks betting markets say, but what about the form and history?
To make sure you back a winner at Ladbrokes.com.au this Saturday we’ve gone over the entire Oaks field and form guide to come up with the below must know facts.
2014 Queensland Oaks Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Queensland Oaks winner was the Pat Carey-trained Gondokoro who came off a second in The Roses and jumped from barrier one with Rhys McLeod aboard
- This year The Roses winner is #1 Arabian Gold ($2.50) after the double who will become the ninth Queensland Oaks winner in 11 years to come via the Doomben lead-up if successful
- Other Oaks hopes this year coming via The Roses are then Tinto (2nd), Tornado Miss (3rd), Sister Souss (4th), Rock Diva (6th), Hera (8th), Moon And Stars (12th) and Asadauskaite (13th)
- Last year’s winning barrier (1) on Saturday belongs to the favourite #1 Arabian Gold; barrier one the most successful producing five winners since 1983
- The next most successful Oaks draw in that time has been four with four winners which is drawn by #15 Sister Souss ($41) but will belong to #3 Hera ($18) if third emergency #21 Falamonte (3) doesn’t get a run
- No Oaks winner since 1983 has jumped wider than barrier 15 ruling out those drawn in 16 – 18 for Saturday which are #5 Every Faith ($26), #7 Khutulun ($8) and #8 Rock Diva ($11)
- Favourites have a poor recent record in the race with four of the past 11 winners jumping at $16 or better in betting
- The most recent punters’ pick to salute was Scarlett Lady (2011) who was also the last to complete the Doomben Roses – Queensland Oaks double
- This year’s favourite #1 Arabian Gold ($2.50) is out to be the next
- The only filly guaranteed a run in the field to go up to the 2400m previous is #8 Rock Diva (1-0-0-1) who ran third in the Group 1 NZ Oaks (2400m)
- #21 Falamonte ($201) has also been over 2500m when fourth in the Group 2 SA Fillies Classic this month but she needs three scratchings to get a run on Saturday
- Fillies with decent form at the track (Eagle Farm) are then #6 Tornado Miss (6-1-0-0), #13 Execute At Dawn (5-0-1-1), #15 Sister Souss (3-0-1-0) and #20e Granados (1-1-0-0)
- The best Win Rate of the field belongs to #16 Sancerre ($14) with 60% followed by #1 Arabian Gold (47%), #7 Khutulun (40%), #3 Hera (38%), #8 Rock Diva (33%), #13 Execute At Dawn (33%) and #18 Ring Da Belle (33%)
Stay tuned for our Queensland Oaks 2014 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime make sure you’re ready to back your favourites at the top prices by signing up online at Ladbrokes.com.au where you’ll find Best Tote or SP + 20% on top of your winnings markets for the Oaks!
2014 Queensland Oaks Field & Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.