Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The 2012 Melbourne Cup barrier draw was released on Saturday afternoon ahead of the $6.2 million handicap clash at Flemington Racecourse this Tuesday, but while you may know which Melbourne Cup horses are drawn in which gates are you brushed up with all the historical Melbourne Cup barrier draw facts and statistics?
Knowing the past history and data on things like the Melbourne Cup barriers is just as important as studying the 24-horse Melbourne Cup field and form guide.
What is the best barrier in the Melbourne Cup?
Which barrier has never produced a Melbourne Cup win? Is there even a Melbourne Cup barrier never to win?
What are the Melbourne Cup barrier statistics that could indicate the best horse to back in the Melbourne Cup odds?
2012 Melbourne Cup Barriers & Betting Guide
- Barrier 18 is the only gate yet to produce a Melbourne Cup winner since barriers came in in 1924; this year #4 Red Cadeaux ($9.50) is drawn in the barrier never won from
- Barrier 11 is the most successful Melbourne Cup barrier of all time with seven wins; this year #12 Galileo’s Choice ($16) is drawn in gate eleven
- The most successful barriers in recent years have been 9 – 12 with four victories in the past 11 years; this year the horses drawn in these gates are #15 Maluckyday (bmcup text=”$13″]), #24 Kelinni ($23), #12 Galileo’s Choice ($16) and #2 Americain ($6.50) respectively
- Four barriers have produced nine of the past 12 Melbourne Cup winners with Barrier 14 (3 wins), Barrier 10 (2 wins), Barrier 13 (2 wins) and Barrier 22 (2 wins); this year these gates belong to #10 Ethiopia ($21), #24 Kelinni ($23), #6 Voila Ici ($151) and #5 Winchester ($51) respectively
- Barrier 13 meanwhile was also the gate that last year’s Melbourne Cup winner Duanden was drawn in
- Barrier 16 is the gate #1 Dunaden ($7.50) is drawn in for their title defense in 2012
- Barrier 12 is the barrier 2010 Melbourne Cup winner and current Melbourne Cup betting favourite #2 Americain ($6.50) will jump from
- The next most successful Melbourne Cup barriers after 11 have been 5/10/14 (6 wins), 6/8/19 (5 wins) and 1/4/17/22 (4 wins)
- #8 Mount Athos ($7.50) is the only horse whose barrier and saddlecloth number are the same this year
Think you’ve picked the Melbourne Cup winner for 2012 based on the above Melbourne Cup barrier draw facts and stats?
Head along to our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au who are offering all the hottest Melbourne Cup betting odds and options.
2012 Melbourne Cup Barriers & Horses
|1||MY QUEST FOR PEACE||17|
|17||LIGHTS OF HEAVEN||20|
|21||TAC DE BOISTRON||19|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.