While flying Kiwi colt Jimmy Choux currently dominates betting for tomorrow’s $500,000 Group 1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m) there has been a steady flow of dough coming in for another contender with punters asking the question, can Absolutelyawesome claim an upset 2011 Rosehill Guineas result?
New Zealand Derby winner Jimmy Choux sits at the top of the Rosehill Guineas odds currently paying $3.60 to win his fifth Group race on the trot through leading online bookmaker Luxbet.
The other major market mover in Rosehill Guineas betting is Michael Moroney’s improving Zenno Rob Roy gelding Absolutelyawesome.
Since Rosehill Guineas markets opened at Luxbet, Absolutelyawesome has been backed in from $4.80 to the $4.60 second favourite behind Jimmy Choux.
It is reversed in the futures odds for the 2011 AJC Australian Derby at Luxbet, however, with Absolutelyawesome the narrow $5.50 favourite over Jimmy Choux at $5.50 to win the $1.5 million showdown next month.
But first the two will clash in Rosehill Race 7 tomorrow and while the odds suggest it is the New Zealand raider that will come out on top, there are plenty of punters out there jumping on the very backable price for Absolutelyawesome to become the Rosehill Guineas winner.
Below we have a look at the history, facts and stats to see whether Absolutelyawesome can claim an upset Rosehill Guineas win and if there is value backing the second elect through Luxbet.
Why Absolutelyawesome Can Cause an Upset Rosehill Guineas Result
– Last ran fourth in the Group 1 Randwick Guineas (1600m) at Warwick Farm on March 12, last year’s Rosehill Guineas winner Zabrasive also came off a fourth place Randwick Guineas finish
– Has star hoop Glen Boss in the mount, Boss fresh off a Group 1 double at Rosehill last weekend
– Boss has also taken out this race before having ridden 1999 Rosehill Guineas winner Sky Heights to victory
– Jockey also holds a very high opinion of this horse and is confident 2000m will be advantageous
– Nice barrier six draw, one inside Jimmy Choux (7)
– Although untested at Rosehill, the space at this track should suite
Why Absolutelyawesome Won’t be the 2011 Rosehill Guineas Winner
– Has had six starts but only one win as a maiden at Kilmore
– Yet to win over a distance greater than 1200m so the step up to 2000m could prove an issue
Rosehill Guineas 2011 Form
Horse #10 Absolutelyawesome
(by Zenno Rob Roy from Switch Hitter)
- Barrier: 7
- Weight: 56.5kg
- Trainer: Michael Moroney
- Jockey: Glen Boss
- Prize Money: $50,125
- Career: 6-1-0-1
- 2000m: 0-0-0-0
- Win %: 17
- Place %: 17
- Current Rosehill Guineas Odds: $4.60 – Bet now at Luxbet
Think Absolutelyawesome can beat his Rosehill Guineas rivals on way to the AJC Derby? Then bet on him now at the best odds through Luxbet.
There’s still plenty of time to sign up with Australia’s premier online bookmaker Luxbet before tomorrow’s Rosehill racing action.
Recent Starts – Absolutelyawesome Form Past Five
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Margin||Win. Time|
|4 – 10||W FM||12/03/2011||1600||Good||3G1SWT||G BOSS (1)||56.5||$16||ILOVETHISCITY||1.1L||95.3|
|5 – 15||FLEM||19/02/2011||1400||Dead||3CG3SW||G SCHOFIELD (13)||54||$101||BULLBARS||2.6L||83.93|
|7 – 16||FLEM||4/11/2010||1800||Slow||3G4HCP||C NEWITT (5)||54||$4.5||BACKGAMMON||2.9L||111.85|
|8 – 14||M V||23/10/2010||2040||Dead||3G2SWT||L NOLEN (8)||57||$12||REKINDLED INTEREST||7.9L||127.09|
|3 – 8||CAUL||13/10/2010||1600||Slow||3YR1MW||G BOSS (4)||55||$12||SHADOWS IN THE SUN||0.5L||98.49|