Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Today Rosehill Racecourse will come to life with Coolmore Classic Day kicking off the 2011 Golden Slipper Carnival and here the Races.com.au team take a look at the latest betting odds and market movers for the day’s premier showdown, the $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m).
Fifteen fillies and mares remain in contention for the 2011 Coolmore Classic following the scratching of #2 Purple and #5 Lady Lynette yesterday due to elevated temperatures.
The Mick Price-trained Aloha remains the favourite in the Coolmore Classic betting odds at Luxbet.
Last-start winner of the Group 3 PFD Food Services Stakes (1400m) at Flemington on March 5, Encosta De Lago filly Aloha opened at a quote of $5 to become the Coolmore Classic winner.
Aloha has stuck firm at this price and with a consistent Win Rate of 44%, a good 53kg lightweight and having moved into a single-digit barrier, she has her claims.
2011 Coolmore Classic Betting Market Firmers:
- #3 Palacio De Cristal ($8.50 into $8 Luxbet) – Last year Grahame Begg’s Encosta De Lago five-year-old finished third behind Alverta in the 2010 Coolmore Classic and after drawing the inside barrier one for today, and the Rosehill track rated Dead she certainly comes into contention for another place. Best Bet – Back Palacio De Cristal to Place at $2.75 through Luxbet now.
- #4 Graceful Anna ($12 into $9.50 Luxbet) – Graceful Anna is the biggest Coolmore Classic market firmer having been backed right in from $12 to a single-figure quote of $9.50 to win. The classy Canny Lad mare is the Races.com.au Coolmore Classic Tip to Win – read why by clicking on the link. Best Bet – Back Graceful Anna to Win at $9.50 through Luxbet now before she firms further.
- #6 No Evidence Needed ($14 into $12 Luxbet) – Shamardal mare third-up for the season, with the Dry Rosehill Track should be competitive. Coming off a sixth place finish in the Liverpool City Cup but was wide without cover throughout, will get a better run from gate eight today. Best Bet – Add No Evidence Needed into your Exotics at Luxbet.
- #12 Hidden Wonder ($126 into $81 Luxbet) – Kris Lees’ Danzero six-year-old is second-up for the season, ran ninth to Montana Flyer in the Millie Fox last start, looks outclassed. Best Bet – Only include Hidden Wonder in Box Trifectas through Luxbet for value.
- #16 Warpath ($16 into $12 Luxbet) – In-form Rest mare seeking her fifth win on the trot, won the Listed Aspiration Quality (1600m) last start at Warwick Farm, step up in class but could surprise. Best Bet – Warpath is our favourite Roughie to back for an upset through Luxbet.
To get in on the Coolmore Classic betting action before Rosehill Race 7 jumps at 4:10pm (AEDST) head to our preferred online bookmaker Luxbet now!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.