Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday March 19 the 2011 Coolmore Classic is the feature race on the programme at Rosehill and while Aloha is the steady favourite in the betting markets, here the Races.com.au team take a look at the form and claims Graceful Anna has of causing an upset Coolmore Classic result.
The $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) is set to run as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (AEDST) tomorrow as one of two elite level races along with the $400,000 Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m).
A final field of 16 runners are currently heading towards the fillies and mares’ showdown after #5 Lady Lynette was scratched due to an elevated temperature.
Favourite in the Coolmore Classic odds is Encosta De Lago mare Aloha paying $5 to Win at Luxbet following her impressive last-start victory in the Group 3 PFD Food Services Stakes (1400m) at Flemington on March 5.
Committed to finding value in the markets for our readers, the Races.com.au team have studied the Coolmore Classic field and think #4 Graceful Anna has strong claims in tomorrow’s race.
The David Pfieffer-trained Graceful Anna is one of the Coolmore Classic market movers having been backed in from her opening price of $12 into $10 at Luxbet.
Her current Coolmore Classic odds are still very backable and our tip is that if after viewing the form and facts below you want to bet on Graceful Anna, do it now at Luxbet before she firms into a single-figure price.
Why Graceful Anna Can Cause an Upset Coolmore Classic Result in 2011
– Ideal barrier four draw, drawn inside of the favourite Aloha
– Coming off three second place finishes at Group level this prep and with the extra distance should thrive and get over her rivals
– Carrying 54kg which is the weight she carried when finishing second to Triple Elegance against an open field last start in the Group 3 Liverpool City Cup (1300m)
– In the Liverpool Graceful Anna covered plenty more ground than the 1300m of the race having to race wide and deep, hints that 1500m will suite
– Has only finished out of the money in three of her 15 career starts
– In her two starts at Rosehill she finished second on both occasions beaten on debut by just a half length on debut in July of 2009 and then she came within a head of Montana Flyer two starts back here in the Group 3 Millie Fox Quality (1300m) on February 26
– Is the right age as a four-year-old with 4YO’s winning eight of the past 21 Coolmore Classics
– Has Damien Oliver in the mount who rode the 2001 Coolmore Classic winner Porto Roca
– Boasts a solid Win Rate percentage of 40%
– Although untested over the 1500m Coolmore Classic distance, she was impressive in winning the $1 million Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Trophy over 1400m in January last year
– Has finished ahead of a number of her Coolmore Classic rivals in recent uns including Jersey Lily, Lovemelikearock, Palacio De Cristal, Strawberry Field, Hidden Wonder and No Evidence Needed
– Many of the top mares are out of this year’s event including More Joyous (contesting the Canterbury Stakes) and Hot Danish (ruled out of the autumn) opening up the race and boosting Graceful Anna’s claims
2011 Coolmore Classic Form
Horse #4 Graceful Anna
(by Canny Lad from Lamellar)
- Barrier: 4 (in from 5)
- Weight: 54kg
- Trainer: David Pfieffer
- Jockey: Damien Oliver
- Prize Money: $1,018,800
- Career: 15-6-5-2
- 1500m: 0-0-0-0
- Win %: 40
- Place %: 40
- Current Coolmore Classic Odds: $10 – Bet now at Luxbet
Want to back the Races.com.au pick Graceful Anna to win the Coolmore Classic tomorrow?
Find the best odds on Graceful Anna and the rest of the Coolmore Classic field online at premier bookie Luxbet.
New to join Luxbet? Cash in now by signing up with Luxbet, making your first deposit between $25 and $400 and quoting the codeword BONUSBET and be rewarded with a FREE BET valued at 100% of your initial deposit!
Graceful Anna Recent Form – Last Five Starts
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Margin||Win. Time|
|2 – 14||W FM||5/03/2011||1300||Good||G3HCP||TIMOTHY BELL (9)||54||$6.5||TRIPLE ELEGANCE||1L||75.92|
|2 – 12||RHIL||26/02/2011||1300||Good||G3F&M||B PENGELLY (7)||55.5||$4.5||MONTANA FLYER||0.1L||76.3|
|2 – 9||RAND||12/02/2011||1200||Good||G2MARE||B PENGELLY (4)||55.5||$26||MORE JOYOUS||2.5L||68.6|
|9 – 10||CANT||14/01/2011||1100||Good||G4HCP||L V CASSIDY (7)||53||$6||PINWHEEL||5L||63.2|
|13 – 18||E FM||12/06/2010||1400||Good||G1HCP||G BOSS (2)||49.5||$8.5||BLACK PIRANHA||4.5L||81.16|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.