Odds and betting markets for this Saturday’s $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) at Rosehill have been released with the open field of fillies and mares lead by early favourite Aloha.
Mick Price’s in-form Encosta De Lago four-year-old Aloha has opened as the $5 favourite at Luxbet to become the 2011 Coolmore Classic winner when Rosehill Race 7 jumps at 4:10pm (AEDST) on Saturday.
Last preparation Aloha won five of her seven starts and showed she had lost none of her shine this year with a first-up win beating home Flying Tessie by an easy two lengths in the Group 3 PFD Food Services Stakes (1400m) at Flemington on March 5.
- Deposit Match Bonus up to $250 in Free Bets
- Ladbrokes Card for instant withdrawals with EFTPOS
- Best TOTE or SP + 20% extra on your winnings for the All Aged Stakes
On Saturday Aloha is set to jump from barrier 10 with Glen Boss in the mount and will advantage from the drop back from 56.5kg she carried last start to 53kg for the Coolmore.
Four other hopefuls in the 2011 Coolmore Classic 17-horse field are at single figure odds with:
- #10 More Strawberries ($7 Luxbet) – Multiple Group winner coming off a fourth behind Parables in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) drawn the far outside barrier
- #1 Melito ($8 Luxbet) – Dual Group 1 winning Redoute’s Choice mare most recently ran fifth to Danleigh in the Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m), drawn wide with gate 11
- #8 Jersey Lily ($8 Luxbet) – Last start winner of the Listed Wiggle Quality (1400m) drops back in weights for Coolmore and drawn ideally in barrier six
- #3 Palacio De Cristal ($8.50 Luxbet) – Encosta De Lago mare ran a first-up fifth to Montana Flyer in the Group 3 Millie Fox Quality (1300m), good barrier two draw with Brenton Avdulla booked for the ride
Punters that jump online and visit Luxbet now can lock in generous early odds on a number of other top chances in the Coolmore Classic including the first market mover Graceful Anna ($12 into $10) coming off three close seconds at Group level, Rest four-year-old Warpath ($16) who has won her past four starts including the Listed Aspiration Quality (1600m) last Saturday and the Gai Waterhouse-trained Montana Flyer ($19) who won the Millie Fox on February 26.
Below are the latest 2011 Coolmore Classic odds.
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Coolmore Classic betting tips to be published shortly.
For updates on the Coolmore Classic markets and to get in on the action, head over to Luxbet now.
Luxbet offer punters the best horse racing odds for all the Rosehill races this Saturday thanks to their Best of the Best markets, so sign up with Luxbet now and enjoy better prices and bigger payouts.
2011 Coolmore Classic Odds
|3||PALACIO DE CRISTAL (2)||8.50|
|4||GRACEFUL ANNA (5)||10.00|
|5||LADY LYNETTE (1)||31.00|
|6||NO EVIDENCE NEEDED (9)||13.00|
|8||JERSEY LILY (6)||8.00|
|9||MONTANA FLYER (14)||19.00|
|10||MORE STRAWBERRIES (17)||7.00|
|11||STRAWBERRY FIELD (15)||51.00|
|12||HIDDEN WONDER (3)||101.00|
|14||MISS GAI FLYER (8)||18.00|
|15||HAPPY HIPPY (12)||71.00|
*Fixed Win Odds provided by Luxbet and subject to change
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography