The Kris Lees trained Invincible Gem has been...
The Clarry Conners-trained Satin Shoes heads a diminutive but classy field of six fillies for the 2011 Reisling Stakes, the two-year-old fillies’ race also known as the Reisling Slipper Trial.
A winner of all three of her race starts to date, Satin Shoes latest success came in the Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) at Rosehill on February 26.
Drawn in barrier five on Saturday and set to face off against just six rivals, Satin Shoes looks poised to extend her unbeaten record to four in the Reisling Stakes and further fuel her Golden Slipper credentials.
The other fillies in the 2011 Reisling Slipper Trial Final Field are:
- Anise (Peter Snowden) – Drawn well in barrier two this Darley-owned daughter of General Nediym won on debut over 1100m at Rosehill back in November before her second career start saw her finish two lengths away second to Foxwedge in the Clarry Conners Plate (1100m) at Warwick Farm on March 5. A $35 chance in the 2011 Golden Slipper odds at Luxbet.
- Defiant Dame (David Payne) – Come up trumps with barrier one in the Reisling, won the Listed Gimcrack Stakes (1000m) on debut last October before running third to Karuta Queen in the Wyong Magic Millions in December. Resumed with a disappointing sixth place finish behind Shared Reflections in the Group 3 Sweet Embrace Stakes (1200m) at Warwick Farm last Saturday that saw her Golden Slipper price drift out to $51 at Luxbet.
- Fast And Sexy (Chris Waller) – A $201 roughie in the Golden Slipper betting at Luxbet, this Fastnet Rock filly has had three career starts producing just one win. Her most recent run was a distant sixth to Karuta Queen in the $2 million Gold Coast Magic Millions Classic in January.
- Cape City Flyer (Gai Waterhouse) – Lightly-raced Volksraad filly has had just one career start to date winning an 1100m maiden at Canterbury on February 23 carrying 56.5kg from barrier 14. Drops down in weights here, has a wonderful barrier three draw and could be the value pick of the field.
- Elite Falls (John O’Shea) – The only foreseeable danger to Satin Shoes on Saturday, this well-bred daughter of More Than Ready enjoyed their maiden win in the Inglis Banner (1000m) at Moonee Valley where they beat home Masthead by 2 ½ lengths last October. Has had two runs this season finishing second to Satin Shoes on both occasions, has a good barrier four draw in the Reisling and is rated an $18 shot at Golden Slipper glory through Luxbet.
To get behind Satin Shoes at the best price for the 2011 Reisling Slipper Stakes, or to back one of her game competitors for an upset at juicy odds, head to Luxbet now and open an account with Australia’s leading online bookmaker.
2011 Cleanevent Reisling Stakes
|1||SATIN SHOES||Clarry Conners||Hugh Bowman||5||55.5|
|3||DEFIANT DAME||David Payne||Michael Rodd||1||55.5|
|4||FAST AND SEXY||Chris Waller||Glyn Schofield||6||55.5|
|5||ELITE FALLS||John O’Shea||Jim Cassidy||4||55.5|
|6||CAPE CITY FLYER (NZ)||Gai Waterhouse||Nash Rawiller||3||55.5|
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.