After the elite summer racing action, Aussie punters are gearing up for the 2011 Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival set to kick off at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday February 12 with CF Orr Stakes Day.
CF Orr Stakes Day features a truly top class line-up with eight stakes races set to run highlighted by the day’s feature event, the $400,000 Group 1 C.F. Orr Stakes (1400m).
The first Group 1 showdown of the new season, the 2011 CF Orr Stakes field is sure to feature many of Victoria’s weight-for-age stars including reigning Horse of the Year and five-time Group 1 winning mare Typhoon Tracy, expected to resume racing in the CF Orr.
Another major drawcard on CF Orr Stakes Day is the $180,000 Group 2 Autumn Stakes (1400m) for three-year-olds some of which will continue on to contest the $75,000 Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) at Flemington on March 5.
Other Group races worth checking out the online betting markets at Luxbet for on CF Orr Stakes Day include the two Group 3 Blue Diamond Prelude showdowns for the season’s best two-year-olds vying for a spot in the $1 million Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes field at Caulfield on Saturday February 26.
Nominations for the 2011 CF Orr Stakes and the other races at the meeting close on February 7 and then the final field will be released on February 9 and published here at Races.com.au along with the detailed form guides, betting tips and odds so bookmark this site.
Get ready for the Autumn Carnival features this season by opening your account with Australia’s premier online bookmaker Luxbet today!
2011 CF Orr Stakes Day Races
- $400,000 Group 1 C.F. Orr Stakes (1400m)
- $180,000 Group 2 Autumn Stakes (1400m)
- $125,000 Group 3 Blue Diamond Prelude Colts & Geldings (1100m)
- $125,000 Group 3 Blue Diamond Prelude Fillies (1100m)
- $125,000 Group 3 Rubiton Stakes (1100m)
- $125,000 Group 3 TS Carlyon Cup (1600m)
- $125,000 Group 3 R.C. Stakes (1200m)
- $100,000 Listed Kevin Hayes Stakes (1200m)
- $70,000 Fillies and Mares Handicap (2000m)