Phillip Stokes’ Sir John Monash Stakes winning...
This Saturday an outstanding line-up of middle-distance gallopers will take to Doomben Racecourse for the Doomben 10,000 2013, and for punters looking for an early guide to the race below we take a look at the barrier draw facts and stats on the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival classic.
Having drawn a final field of 15 hopefuls this year’s $650,000 Group 1 Carlton Mid Doomben 10,000 (1350m) will run as Race 8 at 3:40pm (AEST).
Clear Doomben 10,000 betting favourite is last start BTC Cup winner Your Song after a big Group 1 double this time in as they head towards their swansong start in the Stradbroke Handicap before retiring to stud.
While there is no denying they class of Anthony Cummings’ talented colt, Your Song does face a tough field with five other Group 1 winners in the mix, won’t have an advantageous wet track like they did for the Cup and a horror barrier 15 of 15 draw to overcome.
The other top fancy, local Rob Heathcote-trained two-time millionaire Buffering, also has a wide alley working against them coming up with gate 12.
So are these wide Doomben 10,000 barriers really that bad?
What are the statistics surrounding the gates, do widely-drawn hopes have a decent chance?
What is the most successful Doomben 10,000 barrier in history and which horse is in it this year?
See below for all these answers and more to help you back a Doomben 10,000 winner this Saturday online at bookmaker.com.au.
Doomben 10,000 Barrier Draw Facts
- Last year’s Doomben 10,000 winner Sea Siren jumped from barrier seven of 16, the fourth winner to jump from that gate since 1983
- #9 Sea Siren is back to defend her title drawn this year in gate nine which has produced two previous winners in the past three decades
- The most successful Doomben 10,000 barrier in the past 30 years has been the inside alley (1) which has produced six winners
- This year the rails belong to Kelly Schweida’s local hope #15 Better Than Ready who comes off a BTC Cup third and who is at generous double digit odds to win
- Inside alleys are definitely more advantageous stat-wise with barriers one – five producing a total of 16 winners in the last 30 years
- Aside from Better Than Ready in these other inside gates belong this year to #7 Jetset Lad (2), #13 Pane In The Glass (3), the Peter Snowden-trained Golden Rose winner #10 Epaulette (4) and Group 1 performer #4 Rain Affair (5) who occupies the third line of Doomben Cup betting
- The worst barriers in recent years have been 6, 12 and 14 with just one win each; this year the hoodoo Doomben 10,000 gates belong to the defending champ’s stablemate #14 Steps In Time (6), last year’s runner-up #2 Buffering (12) and Chris Waller’s veteran Sydneysider #1 Rangirangdoo (14)
- This year’s current Doomben 10,000 favourite is #8 Your Song who has drawn the extreme outside barrier 15 which hasn’t produced a winner in the past 30 years
Want to use the above Doomben 10,000 barrier draw information to place a well-informed wager on the race?
We recommend you avoid the time consuming comparisons and go straight to the source of the best winter racing markets – bookmaker.com.au!
Doomben 10,000 Winning Barriers
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.