The Kris Lees trained Invincible Gem has been...
There’s just one more sleep until the 2013 Caulfield Cup field is released on Tuesday ahead of the mile and a half classic running in Melbourne this weekend, and below we take a quick look at the pre-acceptances betting markets.
The $2.5 million Group 1 BMW Caulfield Cup (2400m) runs at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday and is shaping up as another top edition of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival major.
But before the final acceptances close tomorrow morning, punters can get behind their early favourites today following the weekend’s race results.
There are currently five horses under double figures to win the Caulfield Cup at this stage with:
- Hawspur ($4.50) – Chris Waller’s Queensland Derby winner, has had four runs this time in the most recent of which was an ideal Caulfield Cup trial finishing a close fifth to Happy Trails in the Group 1 Turnbull over 2000m at Flemington, going up to 2400m will suit and now proven the Melbourne way of racing
- Dandino ($7) – Marco Botti’s British raider, hasn’t run since their excellent win as odds-on favourite in the USA St Leger over 2700m at Arlington in August, before that was two good Group seconds at home, will be ridden by Craig Williams for their Australian debut in the Cup with their hoop vying for his third consecutive Caulfield Cup triumph
- Royal Descent ($8) – Waller’s ATC Oaks winning was in top form at the start of this prep including the Redoute’s Choice mare’s second to Streama in the Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m), stepped up to 2000m where she was expected to thrive but could only run 11th in the Turnbull, that was her maiden Melbourne run though so tipped to recover
- Sea Moon ($9) – Question mark over whether Team Williams accept for this import, first over the line in The Bart Cummings at Flemington with 60kg two weeks back, lost that on protest though and so went to last weekend’s Herbert Power Stakes over the 2400m at Caulfield and won with plenty of merit
- Silent Achiever ($9) – Roger James’ Kisi mare, runner-up in The BMW over the 2400m in Sydney during the autumn, comes off two Group 1 sixths over the past month most recently in the Turnbull which she’ll do better than going up in distance this weekend
At slightly more generous odds but still below $20 in Caulfield Cup betting are then Hayes’ veteran import Jet Away ($13), the Clarry Conners-trained mare Dear Demi ($14) and Turnbull third placed Fawkner ($14) whose never been up to the 2400m.
To check out the full futures markets head over to Ladbrokes.com.au now.
Or why not wait until the Caulfield Cup final field is out tomorrow, immediately after which Ladbrokes.com.au will be offering their exclusive Double The Odds offer on the final acceptors!
To find out more follow the link.
2013 Caulfield Cup Betting – Top 20
Caulfield Racecourse – 19/12/2013
|MASKED MARVEL (GB)||21.00|
|FORGOTTEN VOICE (IRE)||41.00|
*Odds quoted are all-in fixed win, top 20 only and subject to change @ Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.