Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
After a surprise win in the Ranvet Stakes last month this weekend Chris Waller’s progressive stayer Foreteller will look to complete a popular Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival double with another Group 1 win this time in the 2013 The BMW at Rosehill Gardens.
The imported six-year-old Dansili gelding is one of the top fancies in the markets for the $2.25 million Group 1 The BMW (2400m) on Saturday following their upset victory over the favourite Fiveandahalfstar in the Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m) at Rosehill last start as a $30 roughie.
Punters won’t find them at that price in the The BMW betting odds however with Foreteller paying $7.
Again they will be looking to defeat the punters’ pick with Anthony Cummings’ reigning Victoria Derby winner Fiveandahalfstar out to turn the tables after their narrow Ranvet defeat.
The duo will meet under weight-for-age conditions once again, Foreteller drawn wide in barrier nine of 12 with Hall of Fame hoop Jim Cassidy retaining the ride.
So will Foreteller be able to get the better of the favourite again? Or will Fiveandahalfstar finally break their string of second place finishes with a win for the punters?
#1 Foreteller – Horse Form
- Barrier: 9
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: Werrett Bloodstock Pty Ltd, G G Ltd, Mr I Bruce, Mr D M Ackery, Mr F W Cook, Mr K J Hunt, Mr B L Mathieson, Mr R Smith, Mr B P Bradley, EST B A Wright
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Dansili from Prophecy
- Career: 28-9-1-1
- Win: 32.14%
- Place: 39.29%
- Last 6: x25171
- Prize Money: $821,021
- Track: 5-3-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 The BMW Odds: $7
Why Foreteller Can Win The BMW 2013
- Comes off a nice win in the Ranvet Stakes which last year’s The BMW winner Manighar also won in the lead-up
- Beat home The BMW betting favourite #12 Fiveandahalfstar ($3.10) in the Ranvet and will be out to do the same here
- Ranvet Stakes winning jockey Jim Cassidy stays on
- Prepared by one of the best Sydney-based trainers in history with Chris Waller
- Is a gelding and geldings have the best recent record in The BMW winning eight of the past 10 editions including the last four consecutively
- Awesome record at Rosehill with three wins from five starts
Why Foreteller Won’t Win the 2013 The BMW
- Odds look in Fiveandahalfstar’s favour for this Ranvet Quinella rematch as they have winning form up to 2500m (Victoria Derby) whereas this is Foreteller’s first look at further than 2000m
- Has to overcome barrier nine while Fiveandahalfstar should get a gun run from barrier six
Think Foreteller has another Group 1 win in them this weekend? Get behind them today online at bookmaker.com.au and enjoy being able to Pick Your Own The BMW Odds in their exclusive markets combining Fixed Win and margin betting in an Australian first.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.