Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
He may have won over 60 elite level races across 10 countries over his illustrious career but so far the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups have eluded the great British-based trainer Luca Cumani, so can his latest cup hope My Quest For Peace turn that around in the Caulfield Cup 2012 this weekend?
In one of the most open Caulfield Cup fields in recent history the 2012 edition of the $2.5 million mile and a half handicap is due to jump as Caulfield Race 8 on Saturday at 4:05pm (AEST) with a full field of local, imported and overseas visiting gallopers set to face off.
There are currently four single-figure chances in the Caulfield Cup odds at bookmaker.com.au with the Gai Waterhouse-trained The Metropolitan winner Glencadam Gold, out to hand Waterhouse her second Caulfield Cup victory in three years following the success of Descarado in 2010, leading the way as the easing $5.50 favourite.
He is followed by last year’s beaten favourite December Draw ($7.50) who is well and truly on the comeback trail, reigning Melbourne Cup champ Dunaden ($8.50) with the extreme outside gate to overcome, and then My Quest For Peace who pays $9, in from $14, in the Caulfield Cup betting markets.
The internationally-bred and or trained stayers are set to steal the spring cups show in 2010, so can Galileo stallion My Quest For Peace be the one to break Cumani’s Caulfield Cup duck with an upset win on Saturday?
#10 My Quest For Peace – Horse Facts
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Luca Cumani
- Owners: O T I Racing, Mr T M Carroll, Mr M T Tripp, Glenlogan Park, Mr J C Higgins, Uthmeyer Racing, Menon Dugal, Tripp Racing, Mr P C Barnett, Mr P J Bartholomew
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Stallion
- Breeding: by Galileo (IRE) from Danehill Dancer (IRE) mare Play Misty For Me (IRE)
- Career: 11-5-1-2
- Win: 45.45%
- Place: 72.73%
- Prize Money: $267,347
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 7-3-1-0
- Current 2012 Caulfield Cup Odds: $9
Why My Quest For Peace Can Win the 2012 Caulfield Cup
- Gets a gate (barrier two) while many of the other fancies including Duanden (22) And Glencadam Gold (21) have drawn out in the paddock
- Isn’t a sit back and strike sort of horse and the gate will allow them to be up there in the first half of the field if they are away well
- Is one of the genuine Caulfield Cup betting market movers
- Luca Cumani is one of the world’s best
- Gets in nicely in the weights with 53.5kg – 17 of the past 20 Caulfield Cup winners having carried 54.5kg or less
- Will love the weight having carried 62.5kg to victory last timeout (Goodwood, GB, 25/08/2012)
- Corey Brown rides and is a former Melbourne Cup winning jockey (Shocking, 2009)
- Australian-owned with ATI having purchased them especially for a spring cups bid
- Super consistent Win Rate of 45.45%
- Won back-to-back races over 2414m and 2816m respectively at Goodwood during August
- Resumes racing and has an excellent first-up record (5-2-1-2) yet to finish out of the money
- Three time winner over the distance (7-3-1-0)
Why My Quest For Peace Won’t be the Caulfield Cup 2012 Winner
- Needs to beat some other classy internationals including the imported favourite Glencadam Gold who will try to lead-all-the-way
- Debuts in Australia
- Better for a place?
Think My Quest For Peace is the ultimate Caulfield Cup tip for 2012? Get behind them today at the price you want only at bookmaker.com.au – home of the Pick Your Own Odds markets!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.