Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday the race all keen punters are waiting for is the three-year-olds classic, the Rosehill Guineas 2012, and the exclusive Races.com.au team’s Rosehill Guineas tips, predictions and betting update all readers need is right here.
Sure to be a hotly contested affair by the country’s best 3YO stayers, the $500,000 Group 1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m) runs as Rosehill Gardens Race 7 at 4:10pm (NSW time) and the field is at capacity with 18 starters plus two emergencies in waiting.
Clear favourite and the one the punters are coming for in the Rosehill Guineas odds at bookmaker.com.au is last-start New Zealand Derby winning filly Silent Achiever at $4.20.
With a big trip across the Tasman to overcome, can Roger James’ daughter of O’Reilly beat this crack field in her down under debut emulating the feat achieved by fellow Kiwi visitor Jimmy Choux from 12 months ago?
It really is a bumper field here full of genuine chances, so in our mind the only way to uncover the best to back is by doing your form.
Earlier in the week we did just that publishing our 2012 Rosehill Guineas Form Guide & Betting Preview, and based on the facts and stats we have now come up with our tips on the big Saturday showdown.
Rosehill Race 7 Betting – 2012 Rosehill Guineas Tips
Races.com.au Tip To Win
#1 Sangster ($21 bookmaker.com.au)
We are tipping a roughie upset in the Rosehill Guineas results this year, Trent Busuttin’s Group 1 winning Kiwi Sangster WAY over the odds in our eyes.
He will get a gun run form barrier 7 (into 6), and should be hitting peak fourth-up.
Ignore their opening two, they are a stayer as proved with their Victoria Derby win last year, and when they went to the 2040m of the Alister Clark last time out showed their potential when a close third.
This is still short of their best, we know, but if they don’t get run off their feet early then they can win this at juicy odds.
Best Place Bets
#13 Laser Hawk ($5.50), #18 Silent Achiever ($4.20) and #6 Strike The Stars ($9) – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
This is a field were picking the top four is a tough ask, there are just so many livewire chances we’d be happy to take the odds for.
All of our place bets, aside from the winner, are single-figures for a reason.
Laser Hawk was a real Randwick Guineas eye-catcher last time out and they only need to get the distance to be a genuine danger.
Silent Achiever has the perfect (too perfect can history really repeat itself like that?) for the win, and she is the deserved favourite based on the form, but she is a filly and this is a big open-sex classic unlike the NZ Derby where her competition was a little softer. If she had a draw then we’d be backing her, but she doesn’t so we can’t.
Strike The Stars is another that come Sunday morning we wouldn’t be shocked to see them the headliner in the paper. They do a lot right, just not when needed. Their second in the Australian Guineas was a surprise to some, but not us. If you can forgive the Randwick Guineas effort and say stepping up they will eat it up, then lock ‘em in.
Roughies To Try
#9 Highly Recommended ($31) and #19e Ethiopia ($26) – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Really like the form of Highly Recommended coming off an Alister Clark Stakes win over 2040m at the Valley. Have the right draw and the distance isn’t a worry, only question is the Sydney way of going and if they handle that then look out.
The other roughie we like is Ethiopia, they need a scratching to get in but if they do they shouldn’t be ignored. They finished second to Highly Recommended in the Alister Clark last start and really could have won with a bit more of a push, will love getting to Rosehill and having more room.
2012 Rosehill Guineas Betting Moves
Rosehill Race 7 – 4:10pm – 31/03/2012
- #1 Sangster – Steady at $21 through bookmaker.com.au
- #2 Induna – Steady at $51 through bookmaker.com.au
- #3 Rock ‘n’ Pop – Steady at $15 through bookmaker.com.au
- #4 Doctor Doom – Steady at $41 through bookmaker.com.au
- #5 Galah – Steady at $19 through bookmaker.com.au
- #6 Strike The Stars – Steady at $9 through bookmaker.com.au
- #7 Darci Be Good – Steady at $16 through bookmaker.com.au
- #8 Sabrage – Steady at $34 through bookmaker.com.au
- #9 Highly Recommended – Steady at $31 through bookmaker.com.au
- #10 Said Com – $10 out to $11 through bookmaker.com.au
- #11 Proliferate – Steady at $61 through bookmaker.com.au
- #12 Ambidexter – Steady at $11 through bookmaker.com.au
- #13 Laser Hawk – Steady at $5.50 through bookmaker.com.au
- #14 Merlin Mustang – Steady at $41 through bookmaker.com.au
- #15 Big Time – Steady at $101 through bookmaker.com.au
- #16 Ocean Park – Steady at $8 through bookmaker.com.au
- #17 Hoylonny – Steady at $61 through bookmaker.com.au
- #18 Silent Achiever – Steady at $4.20 through bookmaker.com.au
- #19e Ethiopia – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #20e On Every Level – $101 in from $126 @ bookmaker.com.au
*Fixed Win Odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.