Last year’s Stradbroke Handicap winner Impending...
Opening the Rosehill Guineas Day racing action this Saturday is the Golden Slipper fillies lead-up, the Magic Night Stakes 2012, but which of the 14 smart two-year-olds are the Races.com.au team tipping?
It is a genuinely open field for the $175,000 Group 2 Magic Night Stakes (1200m) on Saturday, half the field at $10 or under in the bookmaker.com.au markets.
They all come via varied lead-up form and at this early stage in their careers it really is very hard to split these fillies.
That said, there has to be a winner but after doing the Magic Night Stakes form the Races.com.au team don’t think it will be the short-price $3.30 favourite She’s A Fox.
Which filly will defeat her? See below to find out who and why before heading to our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au and backing ours, or your own, selections!
Rosehill Race 1 Betting – 2012 Magic Night Stakes Tips
Races.com.au Tip to Win
#1 Doubtfilly ($10 bookmaker.com.au)
One of the market movers backed in from $11 to $10, there’s lots to like and not a lot not to about this filly from Mackay in Queensland.
Trainer Stuart Kendrick looks to have her at peak fitness for this, the bargain buy ($17,500) Not A Single Doubt filly coming off three straight wins back in the sunshine state.
How she handles her first interstate assignment will be key, but she has the record over the distance to suggest she’ll be okay.
She also gets the inside draw, will be ridden by Damien Oliver and having put five and a half lengths on subsequent four and a half length winner on Toowoomba Cup Day Snipzu last start, is simply flying.
Best Place Bets
#11 She’s A Fox ($3.30), #5 Later Gator ($9) and #12 Valerio ($10) – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Really like the Canterbury debut of She’s A Fox, but her short odds here aren’t worth taking for the win. She’ll improve, but not enough to beat this big field.
Later Gator has plenty of potential and the gate gives them options while their stablemate Valerio comes off an excellent second in the Sweet Embrace, but their barrier rules them out of the win here for us.
#13 Omniscient ($17 bookmaker.com.au)
Was as long as $26 earlier in the week but the punters have smashed Peter Snowden’s Exceed And Excel filly.
Has only run once when second to She’s A Fox on debut, has she improved enough from then and will she like the 1200m?
2012 Magic Night Stakes Betting Moves
Rosehill Race 1 – 12:10pm – 31/03/2012
- #1 Doubtfilly – $11 into $10 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #2 Cavalry Rose – Steady at $10 through bookmaker.com.au
- #3 Ichihara – $9 into $8 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #4 Agueda – Steady at $20 through bookmaker.com.au
- #5 Later Gator – $8 out to $9 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #6 Valerio – $11 into $10 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #7 Flying Snitzel – Steady at $16 through bookmaker.com.au
- #8 Mrs Gray – $21 out to $26 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #9 Kyria – Steady at $10 through bookmaker.com.au
- #10 Catkins – $26 out to $31 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #11 She’s A Fox – $3.40 into $3.30 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #12 Coins – $26 out to $31 through bookmaker.com.au
- #13 Omniscient – $26 into $17 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #14 Varanasi – Steady at $51 through bookmaker.com.au
*Fixed Win Odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.