One of the most anticipated black-type features on Saturday’s 2011 Lightning Stakes Day programme at Flemington is the $200,000 Group 3 CS Hayes Stakes (1400m) for three-year-old colts and geldings and savvy punters will be checking out the 2011 CS Hayes Stakes Form Guide before placing their bets.
In the form guide for the CS Hayes Stakes you will find all the basic race details including the race number, start time, distance and status.
Set to run as Flemington Race 5 on Saturday February 19, the CS Hayes Stakes race time is scheduled as 3:30pm (AEDST).
A near capacity field of 15 horses have been accepted in the CS Hayes Stakes final field this year including a number of runners seeking the 2011 Australian Guineas ballot exemption on offer for the winner.Clear favourite in the CS Hayes Stakes betting markets at Luxbet is #8 Enjin Number Nine paying $3.50.
The Mathew Ellerton and Simon Zahra-trained gelding is seeking their third win on the trot most recently scoring an impressive 2 ½ length victory in the Listed Manfred Stakes (1300m) at Sandown on February 9.
Other top fancies in the CS Hayes Stakes odds include fellow Australian Guineas hopefuls Dusty Star ($6), Anacheeva ($6.50) and Spirited Eagle ($7).
Can the favourite Enjin Number Nine come good for the punters tomorrow or is an upset CS Hayes Stakes result on the card considering the depth of this year’s field?
Having a look at the CS Hayes Stakes form guide is the best way to determine the chances each horse has of success and is a great way for punters to find value in the field.
Interesting facts revealed in the 2011 CS Hayes Stakes Form Guide include:
- #8 Enjin Number Nine looks the deserved favourite based on winning percentages as they have the highest with an impressive Win Rate of 75%
- #10 Spirited Eagle is the next most consistent runner of the field with a 62% Win Rate
- #15 Dominant Future is a good value roughie for the Exotics paying $41 to win and $11 to Place through Luxbet as they have the best Place Rate of 67%
- Dominant Future is also one of the five 54kg lightweights of the field
- There are three last-start winners lining up with #4 Dusty Star, #6 Population and #8 Enjin Number Nine
- #1 Anacheeva is the highest earner of the field, the 2010 Caulfield Guineas winner having amassed nearly $800,000 in prize money
- #5 Run For Levi and #2 Mr Chard have come up trumps in the CS Hayes barrier draw set to start from gates one and two respectively
- Mr Chard also has in-form jockey Craig Williams in the mount making them a top chance
- Run For Levi has had the most career starts with 14 but has a low winning percentage of 14%
- Dusty Star and #9 Startsmeup and the next best tried runners with 13 career starts each
The Races.com.au team have provided an all-inclusive CS Hayes Stakes form guide below for our readers so you have the best chance of picking the winning numbers in Flemington Race 5 tomorrow.
Once you have studied the field and form, get the best CS Hayes Stakes odds by betting online with the Tabcorp-owned and trusted bookmaker Luxbet.
2011 CS Hayes Stakes Field & Form – Flemington Race 5
|1||ANACHEEVA||P G MOODY||L NOLEN||8||57.5||3yo||$799,275.00||7:4-0-0||57%||0%||64x111x7|
|2||MR CHARD||D R LAWSON||CRAIG WILLIAMS||2||56.5||3yo||$351,592.00||11:3-2-1||27%||27%||38211×7|
|3||HOLLOWLEA||T & K O’SULLIVAN||NICHOLAS HALL||9||56.5||3yo||$257,575.00||12:4-0-1||33%||8%||6103×87|
|4||DUSTY STAR||P MORGAN||S W ARNOLD||4||56.5||3yo||$218,855.00||13:4-5-2||31%||54%||112211|
|5||RUN FOR LEVI||JOHN THOMPSON||C NEWITT||1||55.5||3yo||$301,550.00||14:2-2-2||14%||29%||0322×68|
|6||POPULATION||D L FREEDMAN||B MELHAM||14||55.5||3yo||$123,946.00||10:4-3-3||40%||60%||312311|
|7||SMOKIN’ JOEY||D L FREEDMAN||D DUNN||11||55.5||3yo||$117,350.00||9:1-1-0||11%||11%||0x42600|
|8||ENJIN NUMBER NINE||M ELLERTON & S ZAHRA||G BOSS||5||55.5||3yo||$83,890.00||4:3-0-0||75%||0%||15×11|
|9||STARTSMEUP||BRUCE HILL||P HAMMERSLEY||6||55||3yo||$280,700.00||13:2-2-4||15%||46%||11×3523|
|10||SPIRITED EAGLE||L MACDONALD & A GLUYAS||MS C LINDOP||12||55||3yo||$170,520.00||8:5-1-0||62%||12%||1411×12|
|11||BULLBARS||PETER SNOWDEN||M ZAHRA||15||54||3yo||$113,325.00||6:1-1-2||17%||50%||1x3438x2|
|12||GOLDSTONE||J B CUMMINGS||M RODD||10||54||3yo||$90,800.00||6:1-1-0||17%||17%||104428|
|13||LIVEANDLETDIE||M A KAVANAGH||D OLIVER||7||54||3yo||$61,500.00||6:2-1-0||33%||17%||12x915x4|
|M D MORONEY||G SCHOFIELD||13||54||3yo||$20,125.00||4:1-0-1||25%||25%||1387|
|15||DOMINANT FUTURE||M G PRICE||M J WALKER||3||54||3yo||$14,017.00||3:1-1-1||33%||67%||2×13|
*Flemington Race 5 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography