The countdown to the Sydney Spring Racing...
Racing fans around the country are eagerly awaiting Flemington Race 6 tomorrow when a field of classy three-year-olds will contest the $750,000 Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) and here the Races.com.au take a look at the latest 2011 Australian Guineas betting odds and market movers.
Yesterday in the Luxbet Australian Guineas betting markets in-form Blackfriars colt Playing God firmed into the $5.50 favourite ahead of dual Group 1 winning filly from New Zealand We Can Say It Now.
A stellar recent record of five wins from six starts, champion Hong Kong-based jockey Brett Prebble in the mount and a dream barrier three draw have seen the money continue to come in for Playing God.
We Can Say It Now, however, has firmed right back into equal favouritism with the Perth raider.
Adding an extra dimension to this year’s Australian Guineas field, the daughter of Starcraft is a relative unknown here and so Luxbet punters are taking no chances.
Originally opening at $6 to become the 2011 Australian Guineas winner, We Can Say It Now drifted out to $7 after she drew barrier 12 but has shortened again into $5.50 with connections saying the wider gate will suit their filly to a tee.
Other 2011 Australian Guineas Betting Market Firmers:
- #7 Bullbars ($10 into $7 Luxbet) – The punters are starting to come for Peter Snowden’s Elusive Quality colt who scored a gutsy last-to-first victory in the CS Hayes last start – Read our full form and analysis on whether Bullbars Can Win the 2011 Australian Guineas
- #14 Shamrocker ($34 into $31 Luxbet) – Continuing to firm in the market, the Danny O’Brien-trained Shamrocker is a local filly who looks a great Place Bet after her eye-catching fourth in The Mittys Vanity last-start behind Southern Speed
- #16 Southern Speed ($10 into $8.50 Luxbet) – Don’t fancy this talented South Australian filly to remain unbeaten after her horror barrier 20 draw, but seems there’s still love for her especially to finish second or third considering her outstanding Vanity victory
Australian Guineas 2011 Market Drifters:
- #3 Startsmeup ($21 out to $34 Luxbet) – Gold Coast galloper has been very consistent of late and was just beaten by Bullbars in the CS Hayes last start, seems a very generous price so definitely back in those exotics
- #5 Run For Levi ($21 out to $26 Luxbet) – Drawn on the rails in barrier one but recent form for last year’s Caulfield Guineas runner-up suggests they will finish well back, jumped from gate one in the CS Hayes and could only manage ninth but 1600m is their distance
- #12 Eclair Surprise ($14 out to $15 Luxbet) – Doesn’t have the draw (15) but this lightly-raced Blackfriars gelding has a black-type under their belt, should thrive at 1600m second-up after a good fifth beaten less than 1 ½ in the Autumn Stakes
View the complete 2011 Australian Guineas odds, market updates and betting promos open at leading online bookmaker Luxbet and enjoy a FREE $400 BET if you are new to sign up with Luxbet quoting the exclusive codeword BONUSBET.
2011 Australian Guineas Betting
|No.||Horse (Barrier)||Luxbet Odds||$400 Free Bet Win|
|2||PLAYING GOD (3)||5.50||$2,200|
|4||MR CHARD (13)||26||$10,400|
|5||RUN FOR LEVI (1)||26||$10,400|
|8||DUSTY STAR (2)||34||$13,600|
|9||SPIRITED EAGLE (14)||17||$6,800|
|10||SMOKIN’ JOEY (6)||41||$16,400|
|11||UNDER THE EIFFEL (10)||8.50||$3,400|
|12||ECLAIR SURPRISE (15)||15||$6,000|
|13||ENJIN NUMBER NINE (NZ) (7)||10||$4,000|
|14||SHAMROCKER (NZ) (9)||31||$12,400|
|15||WE CAN SAY IT NOW (12)||5.50||$2,200|
|16||SOUTHERN SPEED (20)||8.50||$3,400|
|20e||ABSOLUTELYAWESOME (NZ) (5)||51||$20,400|
Note: Odds are subject to change and correct at time of publication. All prices are Fixed Win.
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.