The airborne Kelly Schweida-trained...
A smart line-up of three-year-old Derby types face off in the 2017 Rosehill Guineas this Saturday in Sydney, a full form guide analysis and betting preview on the Golden Slipper Day clash found below.
This season’s $600,000 Group 1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m) features a final field of twelve running in Rosehill Race 6 at 3:25pm (AEDT) in a lead-up run to the Group 1 ATC Derby (2400m) on April 1.
All the rage in the latest Rosehill Guineas betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au is the firming favourite Inference ($3.40) coming off a Group 1 Randwick Guineas (1600m) win a fortnight back.
The Hawkes Racing-trained So You Think colt proved he could handle a mud track with that win taking out the Group 1 on a Heavy (10) course and placed third in the Victoria Derby (2500m) over the spring.
The dangers out to stop Inference from completing the Guineas double last achieved by It’s A Dundeel (2013) are $6 second elects in the Rosehill Guineas odds – Prized Icon and Gingernuts.
The James Cummings-trained Prized Icon beat Inference in the Victoria Derby at Flemington last November and comes off a Melbourne lead-up when second to Hey Doc in the Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) last time out.
Gingernuts is a visiting Kiwi galloper out to continue the gun recent record of Kiwis in the Rosehill Guineas results, the in-form gelding last seen winning the Group 1 New Zealand Derby (2400m) on March 4.
Below we have a look at the full look at the Rosehill Guineas 2017 form guide, betting statistics and race history to uncover value in the markets this weekend.
2017 Rosehill Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Rosehill Guineas winner was the Mick Price-trained Tarzino (2016) who came off a second in the Australian Guineas and jumped from barrier 2 (of 14) with Craig Newitt riding the $3 favourite to victory
- The previous Rosehill Guineas winning trainers with a runner this weekend are: David Hayes (8-1-0-1) with #3 Seaburge and John Hawkes (20-3-2-4) with #4 Inference
- The only previous Rosehill Guineas winning jockey with a ride on Saturday is Craig Williams (6-2-0-0) on #5 Comin’ Through ($8)
- Last year’s winning barrier (2) has produced four Rosehill Guineas winners (since 1983) and is drawn this year by #10 Land Of Plenty ($34)
- The most successful Rosehill Guineas barrier in that time producing seven winners – most recently Laser Hawk (2012) – is gate eight drawn this year by #1 Prized Icon ($6)
- The Randwick Guineas is the key Rosehill Guineas lead-up race producing five of the past eight winners
- #4 Inference is out to complete the Randwick Guineas – Rosehill Guineas double for the first time since It’s A Dundeel (2013)
- The other Randwick Guineas graduates in the mix on Saturday are: Comin’ Through (3rd), Impavido (4th) and Harper’s Choice (6th)
- The Australian Guineas has produced just the one Rosehill Guineas winner since 2001 with Tarzino (2nd in 2016) last year
- The Australian Guineas graduates in the mix this year are: Prized Icon (2nd), Anaheim (5th), Seaburge (6th), Land Of Plenty (8th) and So Si Bon (10th)
- Only one of the past ten Rosehill Guineas winners finished worse than fourth in their lead-up run and just the two in that time ran worse than third
- Along with Inference the other last start winners in the mix this year are #2 Gingernuts (Group 1 NZ Derby, 2400m, Ellerslie, 04/03/2017) and #8 Sizzling Bullet (BM70, 2000m, Randwick, 15/02/2017)
- The past 19 Rosehill Guineas winners came off a Group 1 lead-up
- Three Rosehill Guineas favourites have won in the past decade most recently Tarzino ($3 in 2016)
- #4 Inference ($3.40) leads Rosehill Guineas betting this season
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #8 Sizzling Bullet (60%) followed by #2 Gingernuts (57%)
- #2 Gingernuts ($6) is out to join Volkstok’n’barrell (2015), It’s A Dundeel (2013) and Jimmy Choux (2011) as the recent New Zealand-trained Rosehill Guineas winners
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #6 Anaheim (88%) followed by #5 Comin’ Through (83%) and #8 Sizzling Bullet (80%)
- There are no previous winners at the Rosehill track in the field this year
- The only previous winners over the 2000m distance are: #6 Anaheim (2-1-1-0) and #8 Sizzling Bullet (1-1-0-0)
- The horses with winning Heavy track form in the mix are: #4 Inference (1-1-0-0), #8 Sizzling Bullet (2-1-0-0) and #11 Harper’s Choice (2-1-0-0)
Stay tuned for our exclusive Rosehill Guineas 2017 betting tips and in the meantime check out the full race form guide below provided by Ladbrokes.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.