The countdown to the Sydney Spring Racing...
The Doomben 10,000 2015 takes centre stage in Brisbane this weekend with a bumper field of weight-for-age hopefuls facing off in the lucrative classic, a detailed form guide and betting preview for the Group 1 found below.
Due to run as Doomben Race 8 at 3:57pm (AEST), this year’s $750,000 Group 1 James Boag’s Premium Doomben 10,000 (1350m) features a full field of 16 starters and an emergency awaiting a scratching to get a call-up in the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival feature.
The latest Doomben 10,000 odds at Ladbrokes.com.au have the Ciaron Maher-trained Victory Stakes winning mare Srikandi, coming off an eighth in the BTC Cup that has produced two of the past three Doomben 10,000 winners, as the easing $5.50 favourite.
She’s got an ace record at the track, last start aside, and a gun barrier five draw but can she atone for her luckless run last time out?
Also at single figures are the likes of Godolphin’s Lonhro gelding Generalife ($6.50), the Team Hawkes-trained sprint start Our Boy Malachi ($7.50), Paul Messara’s young Scissor Kick ($7.50) and the Peter Moody-trained market mover Bring Me The Maid ($13 into $8).
So do the bookies have it right? Take a look below at the must know Doomben 10,000 betting facts and historical stats to sort the genuine contenders from the pretenders before placing your bets at Ladbrokes!
2015 Doomben 10,000 Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Doomben 10,000 winner was the Tony Gollan-trained Spirit Of Boom who came off a second in the BTC Cup and jumped from barrier two (of 11) with Michael Rodd in the saddle
- Gollan returns this year shooting for back-to-back wins with #1 Temple Of Boom ($31) drawn the outside alley
- The other former Doomben 10,000 winning trainers with a 2015 runner along with Gollan (5-1-1-1) are Peter Snowden (4-2-0-0) who trains #9 Charlie Boy ($21) along with his son Paul, John O’Shea (6-1-1-0) with #4 Knoydart ($12) and #8 Generalife ($6.50), John Hawkes (29-1-1-3) who prepares #7 Our Boy Malachi ($7.50) along with his sons Michael and Wayne, and Joe Pride (4-1-0-0) with #10 Rock Sturdy ($13)
- Last year’s winning hoop Rodd rides #1 Temple Of Boom for Gollan this weekend
- The only other former Doomben 10,000 winning jockeys with a runner this year along with Rodd (6-1-1-0) are Hugh Bowman (8-1-1-1) aboard #8 Generalife ($6.50) and Kerrin McEvoy (4-1-0-0) aboard #16 Bring Me The Maid ($8)
- Last year’s winning barrier (2) on Saturday belongs to #16 Bring Me The Maid and has produced a total of four winners (since 1983)
- The most successful Doomben 10,000 barrier in that time with six wins meanwhile is the inside alley drawn in 2015 by #12 Flamingo Star ($18)
- The BTC Cup has produced a total of seven Doomben 10,000 winners in the past 10 years including Spirit Of Boom (2nd in 2014) – the last to do the double being Sea Siren (2012)
- This year the Doomben 10,000 hopefuls coming out of the BTC Cup are Knoydart (2nd), Our Boy Malachi (3rd), Bring Me The Maid (4th), Scissor Kick (5th), Big Money (6th), Temple Of Boom (7th), Srikandi (8th) and Fontelina (10th)
- In the past 10 years the Doomben 10,000 favourite has saluted five times, most recently Spirit Of Boom (15/4EF) last year
- This year’s favourite out to add to that record is #13 Srikandi ($5.50) out to improve on her BTC Cup eighth
- The last start winners in the mix this year are #6 Sacred Star (Group 1 NRM Sprint, 1400m, Te Rapa, NZ, 07/02/2015), #9 Charlie Boy (Group 3 BRC Sprint, 1350m, Doomben, 09/05/2015) and #12 Flamingo Star (Group 3 Prix Perth, 1600m, France, 30/10/2015)
- Six-year-olds have won three of the past six editions of the race including Spirit Of Boom last winter and the 6YOs in the mix this year are #3 Fontelina ($51) and #7 Our Boy Malachi ($7.50)
- Three-year-olds meanwhile have won two of the past three editions and the 3YOs in the mix on Saturday are #14 Scissor Kick ($7.50), #15 Time For War ($26) and #16 Bring Me The Maid ($8)
- The horse with the best Win Rate is #7 Our Boy Malachi (85%) followed by #13 Srikandi (70%) and then #5 Big Money (53%)
- #7 Our Boy Malachi (95%) also has the highest Place Rate followed again by #13 Srikandi (90%), #10 Rock Sturdy (77%) and #5 Big Money (76%)
- At the Doomben track the horses with the best record are: #5 Big Money (3-2-0-0), #13 Srikandi (3-2-0-0), #2 Boban (3-1-1-0), #3 Fontelina (2-1-0-0), #15 Time For War (2-1-0-0), #6 Sacred Star (1-1-0-0) and #9 Charlie Boy (1-1-0-0)
- Over the distance those with the best winning form are: #2 Boban (13-6-2-0), #8 Generalife (16-6-2-3), #6 Sacred Star (9-4-1-0), #3 Fontelina (9-3-2-0), #11 Neo (13-3-5-2), #10 Rock Sturdy (5-2-2-0), #4 Knoydart (8-2-0-2), #7 Our Boy Malachi (2-2-0-0) and #5 Big Money (1-1-0-0)
- The Doomben track is currently rated Slow and the best wet track performers in the mix are #1 Temple Of Boom, #4 Knoydart, #5 Big Money, #7 Our Boy Malachi, #10 Rock Sturdy, #11 Neo, #13 Flamingo Star, #13 Srikandi, #14 Scissor Kick and #16 Bring Me The Maid
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our inside Doomben 10,000 betting tips to be published shortly.
Already have your selections picked out? Then head to Ladbrokes.com.au and place your bets with the bookie offering Best Tote or SP + 20% on the Brisbane Group 1!
2015 Doomben 10,000 Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.