Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
The 2015 Melbourne Cup Day will be Tuesday, November 3rd.
Melbourne Cup Day is an enormous affair, with millions of people around the world tuning in to the day’s events. The Melbourne Cup is the race that stops a nation, and it certainly does. The city of Melbourne gets a public holiday on Melbourne Cup Tuesday. Many people take advantage of that, with over 100,000 people turning up to the track each year.
There are six black type events scheduled for the 2015 Melbourne Cup Day. Three of these are listed events. The main focus on the day is of course the Group 1 Emirates Melbourne Cup, however the other races do receive considerable punting attention, largely by virtue of the day they’re held on.
2015 Melbourne Cup Day Race Program
- Race 1 – 10:40am – Group 3 Emirates Airline Plate (1000m)
- Race 2 – 11:20am – TAB.com.au Trophy (1700m)
- Race 3 – 12:00pm – JB Cummings AM Tribute Plate (2800m)
- Race 4 – 12:40pm – Lavazza Short Black (1400m)
- Race 5 – 1:20pm – Schweppes #FlemingtonFling (1000m)
- Race 6 – 2:00pm – Listed Lexus Hybrid Plate (1400m)
- Race 7 – 3:00pm – Group 1 Emirates Melbourne Cup (3200m)
- Race 8 – 3:55pm – Listed James Boag’s Symphony Stakes (1800m)
- Race 9 – 4:35pm – Listed MSS Security Sprint (1200m)
- Race 10 – 5:15pm – Group 3 Hong Kong Jockey Club Stakes (1400m)
All times are provided in Melbourne, Victoria time – AEDST.