Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
A quality field of three-year-olds are set to face off at Flemington in the $750,000 Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) on Saturday March 5 and after firming into favouritism the Races.com.au team ask the question will Playing God become the 2011 Australian Guineas winner?
The model of consistency over their 10 race career that has produced six wins, Blackfriars colt Playing God drew the perfecta barrier three for the Australian Guineas.
Prepared by leading Perth trainer Neville Parnham, Playing God travels interstate for the first time to contest Saturday’s Australian Guineas and the punters are getting right behind him.
After opening at a quote of $7 in the 2011 Australian Guineas odds at Luxbet, his ideal draw has seen Playing God’s price slashed into $5.50.
Facing a capacity field full of local runners, we take a look at the form and stats on Playing God to uncover their chance of success on Saturday.
Why Playing God Will Win the 2011 Australian Guineas
– Drawn ideally in barrier three
– Playing God’s biggest threats are drawn out wide including We Can Say It Now (12), Bullbars (11) and Under The Eiffel (10)
– Highest rated entry in the Australian Guineas field
– Is second up for the season and has a good record of 2 1-1-0 when second-up
– Has run and won over the 1600m Guineas distance
– Should settle around fourth or fifth in the field and get a nice run behind the pacesetters
– In red-hot form having won five of his past six starts
– Group 1 winner at Ascot having taken out the Kingston Town Classic (1800m) in December against older rivals (wfa)
– Boasts great sectionals and finds the line hard and fast
– Drops back in the weights to 55.5kg having carried 56kg to victory first-up this season and has won with up to 58kg on his back in a black-type
Why He Won’t
– Yet to face these rivals
– A number of very real chances that could be too good for him here including Kiwi filly We Can Say It Now
– First race outside of WA
– Is without regular rider Steven Parnham (injured), Hong Kong-based jockey Brett Prebble aboard Playing God for the first time
– Could be a better Place Bet through Luxbet
If you think Playing God’s imposing form is reason enough to back him in the Australian Guineas or you fancy an upset at Flemington on Saturday with a longer-priced rival, Luxbet have you covered!
Luxbet have the full 2011 Australian Guineas odds and betting options open right now so visit them today and get in on the autumn racing action.
2011 Australian Guineas Horse Form
#2 Playing God (3)
(by Blackfriars from Dolly Will Do)
- Weight: 55.5kg
- Trainer: Neville Parnham
- Jockey: Brett Prebble
- Prize Money: $709,675
- Career: 10-6-1-1
- 1600m: 1-1-0-0
- Win %: 60
- Place %: 20
- Current Australian Guineas Odds: $5.50 – Back Playing God through Luxbet today
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Barrier)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Win. Time|
|1 – 10||ASCT||12/02/2011||1400||Good||3YOSWT||S PARNHAM (7)||56||$1.5||PLAYING GOD||82.55|
|1 – 13||ASCT||4/12/2010||1800||Dead||G1WFA||S PARNHAM (8)||52||$3||PLAYING GOD||108.98|
|1 – 14||ASCT||27/11/2010||1800||Good||3G4SWT||S PARNHAM (1)||58||$1.9||PLAYING GOD||109.35|
|1 – 15||ASCT||13/11/2010||1600||Good||3G2SWT||S PARNHAM (12)||56||$4.5||PLAYING GOD||96.21|
|2 – 9||ASCT||30/10/2010||1400||Good||3CG4SW||S PARNHAM (1)||55||$1.8||HOEGAARDEN||82.51|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.