The Chris Waller domination of the 2018...
The 2011 Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas is one of the major drawcards at tomorrow’s iconic Magic Millions Race Day at the Gold Coast and with a bumper field full of elite three-year-olds the online betting markets for this season’s $1 million Magic Millions Guineas are really starting to heat up.
The Gerald Ryan-trained Top Drop has been the clear favourite with the punters ahead of Saturday’s showdown, the Snitzel colt still at the top of the Magic Millions Guineas odds paying $4.40 through Luxbet.
Coming off a good win against a field of older competitors over 1400m at Randwick on Boxing Day, Top Drop originally opened at $4.20 but has drifted slightly after drawing wide with gate 13 for tomorrow.
However, despite looking to have peaked at the right time having previously ran a close second to Torio’s Quest in the Wyong Magic Millions 3YO Stakes, the wet track conditions at the Gold Coast are a concern for the favourite Top Drop tomorrow.
Since betting markets opened on the Magic Millions Guineas, big wagers have come in for a number of other contenders and the major market movers at Luxbet include:
- #11 Celtic Dancer – $8.50 into $7.50 – Drawn in barrier one, the local Choisir gelding coming off a good win on a Heavy Gold Coast track on New Year’s Day
- #13 Demanding Miss – $11 into $9 – Barry Baldwin’s classy Commands filly with an ideal barrier four draw & the Races.com.au favourite to win having shown good recent form in Sydney
Other horses in the Magic Millions 3YO Guineas line-up this year that are sitting at the top of the odds include $5.50 second elect Intencion who needs two scratching to gain a start but will put in a big run if they get in, and Wyong Magic Millions winner Torio’s Quest still a real fancy despite drifting out from $6 to $7.50 following their wide draw in the far outside barrier.
Drifters in the 2011 Magic Millions Guineas betting that represent good value picks in your exotic wagers through Luxbet include:
- #1 Brightexpectations – out to $15 from $14 – Gai Waterhouse’s star More Than Ready colt ready to return to form after finishing just over a length back from Torio’s Quest in the Wyong MM 3YO
- #2 Spirit Of Boom – out from $11 to $13 – The Tony Gollan-trained Toowoomba galloper in the line-up with a number of wins at the Gold Coast track to their credit
- #19 Posh Chic – out from #14 to $16 – Third emergency that we fancy will gain a start and surprise many having showed great style in a brave fifth in the Wyong MM 3YO
Set to run as Race 6 at the Gold Coast jumping at 4:00pm, the 2011 Magic Millions 3YO Guineas is one of the best summer races so get in on the action now by checking out the odds at Luxbet!
2011 Magic Millions 3YO Guineas Odds
|2||SPIRIT OF BOOM (10)||13.00|
|3||TOP DROP (13)||4.40|
|4||AMERICAIN CREW (8)||9.00|
|7||BUTT IM READY (17)||34.00|
|9||CHOSEN TO FLY (19)||41.00|
|10||TORIOS QUEST (21)||7.50|
|11||CELTIC DANCER (1)||7.50|
|12||THE LAST GENERAL (7)||26.00|
|13||DEMANDING MISS (4)||9.00|
|14||TOUGH LUCK (2)||151.00|
|15||MISS IMAGICA (12)||10.00|
|16||PARIS BLUE (15)||71.00|
|17||POWER OF ED (3)||51.00|
|19||POSH CHIC (9)||16.00|
|20||READY TO RIP (11)||11.00|
|21||GDAY OLD MATE (18)||71.00|
*Odds are Fixed Win from Luxbet and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.