The always-popular Caloundra Cup 2022 race...
This weekend the Lindsay Park-trained filly Catchy is the firm favourite in 2017 Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes betting, but can the widely-drawn top pick salute for the punters?
Co-trainer David Hayes chases a sixth win in the $1.5 million Group 1 Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) on Saturday at Caulfield Racecourse and Catchy is the headliner of his six-strong contingent.
She has won all three of her career starts to date and is looking to continue the flawless run when stepping up to 1200m, a distance the daughter of Fastnet Rock looks like she’ll enjoy.
Smart sectional times saw her enjoy the Group 2 Blue Diamond Prelude win here last start and she only needs to overcome that wide alley to win again and salute for the punters in the Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes tips.
So can Catchy win at Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes odds of $5 and continue Hayes’ gun record in the two-year-olds’ classic?
Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes Horse Form: #11 Catchy
- Barrier: 13 (into 12)
- Weight: 54.5kg
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: David & Ben Hayes and Tom Dabernig
- Owners: Dorrington Farm, Mrs S Crabtree
- Age: 2yo
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock from Cats Whisker
- Career: 3-3-0-0
- Win: 100%
- Place: 100%
- Lead-Up Form: 111
- Prize Money: $187,000
- Track: 2-2-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2017 Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes Odds: $5)
Why Catchy Can Win the Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes
- Her get-back style and fast late sectionals make the barrier manageable
- Craig Williams had his pick of the best in the Blue Diamond field but opted to stay on this filly
- Co-trainer David Hayes is the right horseman for this race with five winners to his name
- Fillies have won three of the past five editions of the Blue Diamond Stakes
- Prelude form has held up more than any other lead-up races into this Group 1
- Undefeated at the track with two past Caulfield wins
- Hasn’t seen the distance, but she’ll run 1200m no worries
- Blue Diamond favourites have a 50% winning strike rate in the past 10 years
Why Catchy Is a Vulnerable Blue Diamond Stakes Favourite
- The wide barrier is the biggest concern, if she gets back she can finish off but luck is needed
- Craig Williams is yet to ride a Blue Diamond Stakes winner
- Barrier 12 has produced just one winner (since 1983) with Nadeem (2006)
- Very open edition and plenty of dangers drawn better
- Stablemate #13 Tulip ($6.50) is a danger having been saved since the Preview
Think Catchy is the deserving top pick in 2017 Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes betting? Head to race sponsor Ladbrokes.com.au now and back her to win at Enhanced Odds of $6 (T&Cs apply / Max Bet $100).
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.