Last year’s seven-length champion Zaaki returns...
It may have only attracted a nine-horse field but the 2017 Futurity Stakes is still a major drawcard at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday, a full form guide analysis and betting preview on the Group 1 found below.
Darren Weir’s impressive CF Orr Stakes winner last time out Black Heart Bart heads the line-up for this season’s $500,000 Group 1 Futurity Stakes (1400m), which is set to run as Blue Diamond Stakes Day Race 5 at 2:50pm (AEDT).
The weight-for-age features gives Black Heart Bart a key chance to post a fifth Group 1 title and continue his undefeated run over the track and distance (3-3-0-0).
The Futurity Stakes odds on offer for the former Perth champion are prohibitive, Black Heart Bart odds-on at $1.85 to further prove himself as the country’s second best miler behind the mighty Winx.
With the reigning Futurity Stakes winner Turn Me Loose at $7.50 to go one better than his second in the CF Orr Stakes and Palentino ($7.50) the only other single figure hope on Saturday, does the Futurity Stakes form guide and betting history uncover any value in the race?
2017 Futurity Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Futurity Stakes winner was the Murray Baker-trained Turn Me Loose (2016) who came off a CF Orr Stakes fourth, jumped from barrier 9 (of 11) and won as the 2/1 favourite with Oppie Bosson aboard for the ride
- Last year’s winning trainer Murray Baker (1-1-0-0) is after successive victories in the race with the returning champion #3 Turn Me Loose ($7)
- The last back-to-back Futurity Stakes winner was Niconero (2008-09)
- The other previous Futurity Stakes winning trainers with a runner on Saturday are: David Hayes (20-4-1-4) with #5 Fast ‘N’ Rocking and #8 He’s Our Rokkii; and Gai Waterhouse (6-2-0-0) with #7 Ecuador
- The previous Futurity Stakes winning jockeys with a ride on the weekend are: Kerrin McEvoy (3-1-0-0) on #3 Turn Me Loose, Dwayne Dunn (6-1-0-1) on #8 He’s Our Rokkii and Craig Williams (9-2-1-0) on #4 Tosen Stardom
- #1 Black Heart Bart ($1.85) chases the CF Orr Stakes – Futurity Stakes double last achieved by Moment Of change (2014) and All Too Hard (2013)
- The most successful Futurity Stakes lead-up race is the CF Orr Stakes producing six of the past 10 winners
- Other CF Orr Stakes graduates in the 2017 Futurity Stakes field are: Turn Me Loose (2nd), Ecuador (3rd), Palentino (=4th), He’s Our Rokkii (8th) and Lucky Hussler (10th)
- #9 Attention ($26) is out to be just the second three-year-old Futurity Stakes winner since Reset (2004) along with All Too Hard (2013)
- 4YOs have won four of the past seven editions; the 4YOs in the mix this year are: #6 Palentino ($7.50) and #8 He’s Our Rokkii ($15)
- Last year’s winning barrier (9) has produced three Futurity Stakes winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #9 Attention
- The most successful Futurity Stakes barrier in that time producing six winners is gate 7 that #6 Palentino is drawn on Saturday
- Favourites have won five of the past seven editions of the Futurity Stakes; #1 Black Heart Bart ($1.85) is out to continue that record on the weekend for the punters
- At the track (Caulfield) the horses with the best winning strike rate are: #1 Black Heart Bart (5-4-1-0), #8 He’s Our Rokkii (5-3-1-0), #2 Lucky Hussler (6-2-2-0) and #5 Fast ‘N’ Rocking (22-3-3-3)
- Over the distance (1400m) the horses with the best record are: #1 Black Heart Bart (12-7-4-0), #7 Ecuador (8-4-2-1), #2 Lucky Hussler (18-3-3-1), #3 Turn Me Loose (7-2-2-1), #9 Attention (4-2-1-0) and #8 He’s Our Rokkii (4-2-0-0)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #1 Black Heart Bart (39%) and #8 He’s Our Rokkii (39%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #1 Black Heart Bart (76%) followed by #3 Turn Me Loose (63%), #7 Ecuador (61%) and #8 He’s Our Rokkii (61%)
Bookmark us here at Races.com.au for the top Futurity Stakes 2017 betting tips, checking out the entire form guide below before visiting Ladbrokes.com.au to back your favourites across the Caulfield card.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.