The countdown to the Sydney Spring Racing...
One of the three Group 1 features on a bumper AJC Australian Derby Day programme at Randwick for Saturday is the $500,000 Group 1 Inglis Sires Produce Stakes (1400m) and below are essential form guide facts and field statistics on the two-year-olds’ feature.
The 2011 AJC Inglis Sires Produce Stakes will run as Randwick Race 6 at 3:00pm (AEST) and following the early scratching of #1 Smart Missile from the field, there are 11 promising juveniles engaged to face off.
Anthony Cummings’ colt Smart Missile was also the favourite of the AJC Sires Produce field.
Following his withdrawal from the race, Bart Cumming’s last-start winner Do You Think firmed in from $5.50 to the $3.70 favourite.
Closing in on Do You Think in the Sires Produce Stakes odds is Golden Slipper third placegetter Elite Falls whose price has been slashed from $6 into $3.90.
Other runners at a single-figure price to become this year’s AJC Sires Produce Stakes winner are Peter Snowden’s Exceed And Excel colt Helmet ($7 into $5.50) and the Gai Waterhouse-trained filly Shared Reflections ($13 into $9).
It is important to look at the field and form guide facts and stats to reveal where the best value is at in the markets for the AJC Sires Produce as well as assess the chances each runner has of success by evaluating their recent runs, barrier draw and the historical data on the race.
2011 AJC Inglis Sires Produce Stakes Form Guide Analysis & Facts
- There are two unbeaten horses in the field, #3 Uate and #4 Do You Think both boasting perfect 100% Win Rates
- The next most consistent runners are #2 Helmet (67% Win Rate) and #9 Pane In The Glass (60% Win Rate)
- Last year’s Inglis Sires Produce Stakes winner Yosei started from barrier one and this year #11 Fast And Sexy has the inside running from gate one
- Yosei was coming off a fourth place finish in the Group 2 Reisling Stakes and Sires Produce Stakes starters on Saturday that ran in this year’s Reisling Stakes are Elite Falls (1st) and Fast And Sexy (3rd)
- There are four last-start winners in the field with #2 Helmet, #3 Uate, #4 Do You Think and #7 King’s Pact
- Of these Uate – Group 3 Skyline Stakes (1200m) at Warwick Farm on March 12 – and Do You Think – Group 3 The Schweppervescence (1400m) at Rosehill on April 2 – are coming off a Group victory
- No horses in the field have run at this Track & Distance before
- Do You Think is the only horse here to have won over 1400m
- Horses with the best record at the Randwick track are #8 Elite Falls (2-0-1-0), #9 Pane In The Glass (1-1-0-0) and #11 Fast And Sexy (2-1-0-1)
- The 2011 AJC Sires Produce Stakes will likely be run on a Slow Track and horses with experience on Slow ground are #8 Elite Falls (1-1-0-0) and #11 Fast And Sexy (2-0-0-1)
- Hopefuls prepared by a previous AJC Sires Produce Stakes winning trainer are Do You Think (Bart Cummings), Exceed And Exalt (Guy Walter) and Shared Reflections (Gai Waterhouse)
- Of these Gai Waterhouse has won the most editions of the race with six AJC Sires Produce Stakes winners, most recently Manhattan Rain in 2009
- Only one horse has a previous AJC Sires Produce Stakes winning jockey aboard on Saturday, Uate (Nash Rawiller)
2011 Inglis Sires Produce Stakes Betting Favourite
#11 Do You Think (8 into 7)
Do You Think Career Form
|Pos.||Track||Date||Dist.||Track Con.||Class||Jockey (Br.)||Wgt.||Odds||Winner||Win. Time|
|1 – 15||RHIL||2/04/2011||1400||Dead||2G3HCP||J BOWMAN (11)||56.5||$2.38||DO YOU THINK||84.51|
|1 – 9||CANT||18/03/2011||1100||Good||2YR0MW||J BOWMAN (4)||57||$11||DO YOU THINK||63.74|
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.