Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
The 2018 Randwick Guineas steals the show in Sydney on Saturday with a top field of three-year-old milers facing off in the autumn classic, our detailed form guide analysis and betting preview for the Group 1 detailed below.
Due to run as Randwick Race 7 at 4:20pm (AEDT), this year’s Group 1 $1 million Randwick Guineas (1600m) field features 14 young hopefuls with the latest markets at Ladbrokes.com.au led by Kementari.
The easing $2.70 favourite in Randwick Guineas betting is after his third win on the trot this campaign, the James Cummings-trained Lonhro colt last seen taking out the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes (1400m) at Rosehill on February 24.
He has winning form at Randwick and in his only other 1600m start finished a close second to Mighty Boss in Melbourne’s Group 1 Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas last October so should have no worries over the extra distance on Saturday in Sydney.
Four other runners in the Randwick Guineas field join the favourite Kementari under $10 for the win including the Chris Waller-trained Hobartville Stakes third placed grey D’Argento ($4.80) despite his outside barrier 14 of 14 draw.
To help uncover the value in the markets below is a comprehensive Randwick Guineas 2018 Form Guide, betting history and statistical data on the mile classic.
2018 Randwick Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Randwick Guineas winner was the Team Hawkes-trained Inference (2017) who came off a lead-up fifth in the Hobartville Stakes, jumped from barrier 9 (of 11) with Tommy Berry riding the $9 chance to victory
- Team Hawkes have prepared two previous Randwick Guineas winners while head trainer John Hawkes also won the race four times previously but the stable are without a runner in 2018
- The previous Randwick Guineas winning trainers (since 1983) with a starter on Saturday are: James Cummings with #3 Kementari ($2.70) who co-trained Hallowed Crown (2015) in partnership with his late grandfather Bart Cummings and Gai Waterhouse with #11 Siege Of Quebec ($31)
- #3 Kementari is favourite in Randwick Guineas betting this year looking to be the first to salute for the punters since Ilovethiscity (2011)
- Only two of the past eight Randwick Guineas winners though jumped at double-figures and along with the favourite #3 Kementari the other single-figure hopes in the markets for Saturday are: #10 D’Argento ($4.80), #5 Pierata ($6.50), #2 Trapeze Artist ($8) and the early market mover #7 Peaceful State ($8.50)
- The previous Randwick Guineas winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Corey Brown on #5 Pierata, Brad Rawiller on #7 Peaceful State, Jay Ford on #8 Tangled, Hugh Bowman on #10 D’Argento, Christian Reith on #11 Siege Of Quebec and Brenton Avdulla on #12 Kaonic
- Last year’s winning barrier (9) belongs this year to #7 Peaceful State and the last time successive Randwick Guineas winners jumped from the same gate was 2003-04 (barrier 11)
- The most successful Randwick Guineas barriers (since 1983) producing 4 winners each are 2, 4, 11 and 14 drawn this year by: #1 Ace High (2), #3 Kementari (4), #6 Sully (11) and #10 D’Argento (14)
- The Hobartville Stakes has proved the superior Randwick Guineas form line to follow in the past 30 years including producing seven of the past eight winners, three of which did the double
- #3 Kementari chases the Hobartville Stakes – Randwick Guineas double in 2018 and will be the first to win both races since Hallowed Crown (2015) if successful
- The other Hobartville Stakes graduates in the Randwick Guineas field out to frank the form are: Pierata (2nd), D’Argento (3rd), Trapeze Artist (4th), Ace High (5th), Siege Of Quebec (9th) and Capital Gain (10th),
- #7 Peaceful State is on the quick seven day back-up off an Australian Guineas second and is out to be the first Randwick Guineas winner off that Melbourne lead-up since the filly Mosheen did the double in 2012
- There are no fillies in the Randwick Guineas field this year
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #10 D’Argento (75%) followed by #11 Siege Of Quebec (50%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #4 Age Of Fire (100%) and #10 D’Argento (100%) who are both yet to finish out of the money
- The horses with the best winning form at the Randwick track are: #3 Kementari (1:1-0-0), #5 Pierata (1:1-0-0), #10 D’Argento (1:1-0-0), #12 Kaonic (1:1-0-0) and #14 Tangmere (1:1-0-0)
- Runners with previous win or place form over the distance (1600m) are: #12 Kaonic (2:2-0-0), #4 Age Of Fire (2:1-1-0), #6 Sully (1:1-0-0), #9 Capital Gain (1:1-0-0), #13 Condor (1:1-0-0), #7 Peaceful State (2:0-2-0), #3 Kementari (1:0-1-0) and #14 Tangmere (2:0-1-0)
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.