The money continues to roll in for Annabel...
A small field full of depth faces off at Rosehill on Saturday in the 2017 Ranvet Stakes, a comprehensive form guide analysis and betting preview for the weight-for-age showdown found below.
Due to run as Race 4 at 2:05pm (AEDT) on the bumper Golden Slipper Stakes Day line-up, just eight runners are in the mix for this season’s $700,000 Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m).
The Godolphin-raced Hartnell gets Winx relief this week with the mighty mare racing in the George Ryder Stakes on Saturday instead.
This gives Hartnell a massive chance to atone for his string of recent losses to the world’s best turf horse, including the last start eighth in the Group 1 Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m).
He’ll be even better up over these metres, the six-year-old boasting an excellent 2000m record of four wins, a second and a third from nine previous runs over the distance.
If Hartnell doesn’t fire the Ranvet Stakes betting markets have the reigning champion The United States ($5) firming to get the job done second-up after his first-up fifth just last weekend in Flemington’s Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m).
To uncover any value in the markets this weekend below we have the full Ranvet Stakes 2017 form guide, betting history and facts to sort the pretenders from the genuine contenders.
2017 Ranvet Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Ranvet Stakes winner was the Robert Hickmott-trained The United States (2016) who came off a Group 2 Blamey Stakes second at Flemington and jumped from barrier 7 (of 9) with Kerrin McEvoy aboard the $5.50 hope
- Robert Hickmott (1-1-0-0) chases back-to-back wins as a trainer for the first time since Gai Waterhouse who prepared four consecutive Ranvet Stakes winners from 2007 – 2010 with the reigning champ #5 The United States ($5)
- The other previous Ranvet Stakes winning trainers with a runner this weekend are: John O’Shea (2-1-1-0) with #1 Hartnell; Chris Waller (15-1-2-2) with #2 Preferment and #7 Antonio Giuseppe; Lee Freedman (13-1-2-3) with #4 Our Ivanhowe; and David Hayes (8-1-1-2) with #6 He’s Our Rokkii
- If successful #5 The United States will be the first dual winner of the race since Theseo (2009-10)
- Jockey Kerrin McEvoy (6-1-1-0) chases back-to-back wins as a hoop in the race for the first time since Nash Rawiller (Theseo 2009-10) aboard #4 Our Ivanhowe ($11)
- The only other previous Ranvet Stakes winning jockey with a ride this year is Hugh Bowman (12-1-0-3) on #2 Preferment ($19)
- Last year’s winning barrier (7) has produced two Ranvet Stakes winners (since 1983) and is drawn this year by #8 Sofia Rosa ($17)
- The most successful Ranvet Stakes barriers in that time with six wins each are 1 and 3 drawn on Saturday by #3 Stratum Star (1) and #5 The United States (3)
- Four of the past five Ranvet Stakes winners came off a top two finish and that form only holds this year for #7 Antonio Giuseppe (Group 3 Sky High Stakes 2nd, 2000m, Rosehill, 11/03/2017)
- In the past decade five Ranvet Stakes winners came off a Chipping Norton Stakes run, most recently Contributer (1st in 2015) who completed the double
- The Chipping Norton Stakes graduates in the race this year are: Hartnell (8th) and Preferment (10th)
- The other key lead-up producing three of the past ten winners is Flemington’s Australian Cup, most recently Foreteller (7th in 2013)
- The Australian Cup graduates on the seven day back-up this year are: Stratum Star (4th) and The United States (5th)
- #4 Our Ivanhowe is out to be the first Ranvet Stakes winner to do so first-up since Arkady (1997)
- Just two mares in the past decade have won the Ranvet Stakes; #8 Sofia Rosa is the only mare in the mix this year
- Favourites in Ranvet Stakes betting won six years on the trot from 2005 – 2010 and again in 2015 with Contributer
- #1 Hartnell ($1.95) is the clear Ranvet Stakes favourite in 2017
- In the past six years three Ranvet Stakes winners were at double or triple-figure odds including Zavite ($101 in 2011)
- No four-year-old has won the race since Tuesday Joy (2008); the 4YOs out to break the drought this year are #6 He’s Our Rokkii and #8 Sofia Rosa
- Six-year-olds have the best record in the past decade with five wins; #1 Hartnell is the only six-year-old out to continue the trend this year
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #7 Antonio Giuseppe (55%)
- The best Place Rate of the field also belongs to #7 Antonio Giuseppe (73%)
- The horses with the best Rosehill track record are: #7 Antonio Giuseppe (5-4-1-0), #1 Hartnell (2-2-0-0), #2 Preferment (3-1-1-0) and #5 The United States (1-1-0-0)
- The horses with the best 2000m distance record are: #1 Hartnell (9-4-1-1), #2 Preferment (8-3-1-0) and #5 The United States (7-2-2-0)
- The proven Heavy track performers are: #7 Antonio Giuseppe (2-2-0-0), #1 Hartnell (4-1-1-1) and #5 The United States (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned for our insider Ranvet Stakes 2017 betting tips and check out the full race form guide below in the meantime courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.