The countdown to the Sydney Spring Racing...
Mark Kavanagh has had one of the worst weeks of his professional career after Atlantic Jewel was retired due to a tendon injury but the leading trainers’ week will be saved if Super Cool can win the Group 1 Cox Plate (2040m) at Moonee Valley tomorrow.
Super Cool started the 2013 Spring Racing Carnival as one of the favourites for the Cox Plate, following his victory in the Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m) during the 2013 Melbourne Festival Of Racing, but has failed to replicate his three-year-old form this campaign.
The Fastnet Rock gelding will need to improve on his ninth place in the Turnbull Stakes (2000m) and lackluster effort in the Group 1 Caulfield Stakes (2000m) to be a legitimate contender in the Cox Plate but does possess the quality to record his second win at Group 1 level.
Can Super Cool return to his best form and win the Cox Plate or will he flop and add to the woes of Kavanagh?
#12 Super Cool – Horse Form
- Barrier: 14
- Jockey: Corey Brown
- Trainer: Mark Kavanagh
- Owners: Rokk Ebony Syndicate
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock from Queen Mother
- Career: 13 4-2-3
- Win: 31%
- Place: 69%
- Last 5: X3493
- Prize Money: $1,286,350
- Track: 2 1-0-0
- Distance: 4 2-0-1
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $21 ($42 DTO)
Why Shamus Award Can Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Is a proven Group 1 weight-for-age performer having won the Australian Cup in the Autumn.
- Has won over the Cox Plate distance at Moonee Valley.
- Beat It’s A Dundeel in their only previous meeting at Moonee Valley.
- Mark Kavanagh is the only trainer with a horse in the 2013 Cox Plate field that has previously won the race.
- Deserves some luck after a couple of luckless runs this preparation.
Why Shamus Award Won’t Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Is yet to find his best form this preparation.
- Has not been targeted at this race; with the Caulfield Cup also an option.
- His performances this campaign have gone backwards.
- Needs clear open running to be effective
- Has consistently found trouble in races this preparation.
Online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering Double The Odds on every runners in the 2013 Cox Plate so you can back Super Cool at the industry-high odds of $42!
Get involved at Ladbrokes.com.au this weekend to take advantage of this amazing offer and receive a free bet worth up to $500!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.