The airborne Kelly Schweida-trained...
The latest race of the Melbourne Autumn Carnival will run under the lights at Moonee Valley this Friday night, the Races.com.au team’s exclusive William Reid Stakes 2012 form guide and betting preview found below.
Won 12 months ago by the best sprinter in the business Black Caviar, the $400,000 Group 1 William Reid Stakes (1200m) is this year dominated by another, Black Caviar’s perennial whipping boy Hay List.
Odds-on favourite paying $1.35 in the William Reid Stakes odds at bookmaker.com.au, Hay List will certainly relish meeting a similar field to that he defeated in the Newmarket Handicap last start, this time at weight-for-age.
There has only been one small setback with the news John McNair’s stable ace has some minor bruising, but other than that Hay List looks fit and ready to score thoroughbred major number four.
While Hay List is the definite horse to beat he must still defeat seven quality rivals on Friday evening in order to salute for the punters.
So can he do it? Or will there be an upset William Reid Stakes result by one of the others such as Newmarket runner-up Buffering or resuming Cox Plate third placegetter Rekindled Interest?
The crew of form analysts at Races.com.au have gone over the 2012 William Reid Stakes field, form and betting history to come up with the need to know facts on the Friday night feature.
2012 William Reid Stakes Form & Betting Analysis
- Last year’s William Reid Stakes winner Black Caviar came off a win in the Newmarket Handicap, jumped from barrier six (of seven) and was ridden by Luke Nolen
- This year #1 Hay List ($1.35 bookmaker.com.au) is also out for the Newmarket – William Reid Stakes double, barrier six belongs to #4 Rekindled Interest ($21 bookmaker.com.au) while Nolen will ride #7 Mid Summer Music ($31 bookmaker.com.au) as he and trainer Peter Moody seeks successive wins
- Hay List is also out to become just the second male racehorse in history to score the Newmarket – William Reid Stakes double joining All Veil
- #1 Hay List ($1.35 bookmaker.com.au) boasts the best Win Rate of the field – 68.18% – followed by #7 Mid Summer Music with 50.00%
- #5 Beaded has the highest Place Percentage of the field with an impressive 91.67% followed closely by #1 Hay List (90.91%)
- #4 Rekindled Interest is the William Reid Stakes betting market mover backed in from $26 to $21 at bookmaker.com.au
- Along with #1 Hay List ($1.35 bookmaker.com.au), #4 Rekindled Interest ($21 bookmaker.com.au) and #2 Buffering ($12 bookmaker.com.au) are also out to become the first four-year-old male to win the William Reid since Hareeba (1995)
- Three-year-olds won nine William Reid Stakes from 1994 – 2006 and this year #8 Foxwedge ($12 bookmaker.com.au) will be out to restore the honour of the 3YO’s
- Horses to have won at Moonee Valley previously are #1 Hay List (2-2-0-0), #2 Buffering (2-1-0-0), #3 Woorim (3-1-0-0), #4 Rekindled Interest (4-2-0-1), #6 Lone Rock (5-1-1-1) and #7 Mid Summer Music (1-1-0-0)
- Over the William Reid Stakes distance (1200m) horses with the best record are #1 Hay List (10-7-2-0), #2 Buffering (14-4-5-2), #5 Beaded (13-5-5-2), #6 Lone Rock (11-3-1-3), #7 Mid Summer Music (10-5-1-1) and #8 Foxwedge (6-1-2-2)
- William Reid Stakes hopefuls to have won over the Track & Distance are #1 Hay List (1-1-0-0), #3 Woorim (2-1-0-0), #6 Lone Rock (3-1-0-1) and #7 Mid Summer Music (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au to view our insider William Reid Stakes tips to be published shortly.
Think you’ve found the William Reid Stakes winner and want to lock them in? Or fancy an exotic bet on the Moonee Valley showdown?
2012 William Reid Stakes Field & Form Guide
Moonee Valley Race 6 – 9:15pm – 23/03/2012
|1.||HAY LIST||J C Mcnair||Glyn Schofield||4||58.5||6yoG||13||$112,560||22: 15 5 0||68.18%||90.91%||212×21|
|2.||BUFFERING||R L Heathcote||Michael Rodd||3||58.5||4yoG||13||$61,427||22: 8 5 3||36.36%||72.73%||462×32|
|3.||WOORIM||R L Heathcote||Damian Browne||8||58.5||6yoG||13||$27,478||38: 11 6 3||28.95%||52.63%||617×15|
|4.||REKINDLED INTEREST||J T Conlan||Dwayne Dunn||6||58.5||4yoG||146||$59,592||13: 3 1 2||23.08%||46.15%||41533x|
|5.||BEADED||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||2||56.5||6yoM||13||$65,366||24: 10 7 5||41.67%||91.67%||122×20|
|6.||LONE ROCK||R W Smerdon||Craig Williams||5||56.5||4yoM||13||$34,474||16: 4 2 3||25.00%||56.25%||513×50|
|7.||MID SUMMER MUSIC||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||7||56.5||6yoM||139||$29,661||18: 9 3 3||50.00%||83.33%||12363x|
|8.||FOXWEDGE||J A O’shea||Nash Rawiller||1||56||3yoC||13||$62,950||11: 4 2 2||36.36%||72.73%||412×43|
*Form Guide Credit – [iasbet]
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.