The Joe Pride-trained sprint star Eduardo is red...
Futures betting markets for the $1.5 million Group 1 Australian Derby (2400m) set to run at Randwick Racecourse on Saturday April 9 have been released at bookies around the country with Darley-owned colt Retrieve opening as the early favourite.
Nominations for the 2011 Australian Derby, which will be the 150th running of the race, were taken earlier in the month with 72 three-year-olds entered for the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival showdown.Leading online bookmaker Luxbet now have All In Win and Place odds available on all the Australian Derby nominees.
At the top of the Luxbet Australian Derby betting markets at a quote of $7 is Peter Snowden’s 2010 Victoria Derby third placegetter Retrieve.
After running second to Ilovethiscity in the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes (1400m) first-up this year at Rosehill on February 26, Retrieve failed to impress in the Group 1 Randwick Guineas (1600m) on March 12 beaten again by Ilovethiscity this time finishing seventh.
Despite the performance, punters are tipping the colt to improve over more distance and time and are getting behind Retrieve to become the 2011 Australian Derby winner.
Other horses at the top of the 2011 Australian Derby Odds are:
- Absolutelyawesome ($8 Luxbet) – Michael Moroney-trained Zenno Rob Roy gelding ran an eye-catching fourth beaten just over a length in the Randwick Guineas earning a shot at the Derby
- Playing God ($8 Luxbet) – Ultra consistent Perth galloper, Group 1 winner in WA finished third at both their Melbourne starts this prep in the Group 1 Australian Guineas behind Shamrocker and Group 1 Australian Cup to Shocking
- Jimmy Choux ($9 Luxbet) – Brilliant young Kiwi colt in red-hot form having won four consecutive Group races in NZ including his last start victory in the Group 1 New Zealand Derby (2400m) on March 5
- Brazilian Pulse ($11 Luxbet) – 2010 Crown Oaks winning filly resumed for the season with a first-up second to Do Ra Mi in the Group 2 Kewney Stakes (1400m) at Flemington on March 12, will only continue to improve as she steps up in distance
- Shamrocker ($13 Luxbet) – Danny O’Brien’s continuingly improving O’Reilly filly ran second to Brazilian Pulse in last year’s Crown Oaks before scoring an incredible upset in the Australian Guineas over the mile at Flemington last start
Punters can get great early odds on other notable Australian Derby hopefuls in the futures markets at Luxbet including last year’s Caulfield Guineas winner Anacheeva ($17), David Payne’s Lucky owners colt Masquerader ($17), the Chris Waller-trained Pressday ($21) who is a Group 1 winner in Queensland and unbeaten Zabeel filly Lights Of Heaven ($21).
Luxbet not only have the most exciting and competitive futures betting markets for the Group 1 autumn features but also have a FREE $400 BET waiting for new customers that join and quote the promo code BONUSBET!
So sign up with Luxbet today for your Free Bet and check out the full 2011 Australian Derby Odds.
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.