The countdown to the Sydney Spring Racing...
The $1 million Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m) is one of the feature showdowns on the Flemington Super Saturday of Racing programme this Saturday March 12 and below the Races.com.au team have the best 2011 Australian Cup field and form guide betting analysis.
Studying the form guide for a race is a great way to uncover value in the betting markets, accurately assess the chance each horse in the field has of success and place the winning bet to clean out the bookies!
The 2011 Australian Cup, scheduled to run as Flemington Race 7 at 3:20pm (AEDST) on Saturday, has drawn a final field of 15 horses.
Favourite in the Australian Cup odds at a quote of $4.60 through Luxbet is the Mick Price-trained Heart Of Dreams who ran a gallant fourth in the race last year.
In a wide open betting market there are a number of other genuine chances in this year’s Australian Cup field that could cause an upset including the Bart Cummings-trained Precedence, consistent Ascot galloper Playing God and Kiwi stayer Ginga Dude.
We here at Races.com.au have had a good long look at the Australian Cup 2011 field and form guide revealing some exclusive betting tips and selections based on the facts and stats on the runners.
Australian Cup Form Guide Facts, Stats & Betting Advice
- #15 Playing God ($9 Luxbet) boasts the best Win Rate with 55% followed by #14 Laristan ($41 Luxbet) with a 50% Win Rate
- Laristan is also one of only three last-start winners in the field along with favourite #3 Heart Of Dreams and #8 Alcopop ($16 Luxbet)
- Playing God is the 54.5kg lightweight of the field meeting his rivals at least 4kg better in the weights
- Of the field, #12 Lord Pyrus with a 47% Place Rate and #7 Mourayan with a 42% Place Rate emerge as the best Place Bets to back through Luxbet
- #1 Shocking ($8.50 Luxbet) has drawn barrier 12 which is the gate last year’s Australian Cup winner Zipping jumped from
- Shocking is also the highest-earner in the field having won over $4.3 million in prize money
- Jockey Nicholas Hall had the mount on Zipping for the Australian Cup win last year and will be aboard #4 C’est La Guerre ($41 Luxbet) on Saturday
- Other horses to be ridden by an Australian Cup winning hoop on Saturday are $5.50 second-favourite at Luxbet #9 Moudre (Craig Williams) and #15 Playing God (Craig Newitt)
- Zipping was an 8YO when he won the Australian Cup and #2 Scenic Shot is the only eight-year-old in the race this year
- #2 Scenic Shot, #5 Precedence and #14 Laristan are the only Australian Cup hopefuls that have won at this track and distance
- Precedence ($6 Luxbet) is also prepared by the most successful Australian Cup winning trainer, Bart Cummings who has trained 13 Australian Cup winners to date
- Heart Of Dreams (Mick Price) and the Robert Hickmott-trained trio of C’est La Guerre, Mourayan and Linton are the other horses in the field prepared by an Australian Cup winning trainer
- Horses with the best record over the Australian Cup distance of 2000m are Shocking (5-1-2-1-), Precedence (3-2-0-0), Alcopop (5-2-1-0) and Laristan (3-1-1-0)
Take advantage of our Australian Cup betting guide and place your bets online at Luxbet now.
Offering more value in the odds, a better range of wagering options and the best betting promos including their $400 Free Bet offer for new customers that enter the code BONUSBET, Luxbet should be your number one choice when it comes to enjoy a bet on the races!
2011 Australian Cup Form Guide & Field
Flemington Race 7 – 12/05/2011
|1||SHOCKING||M A KAVANAGH||C W BROWN||12||59||5yo||$4,376,275.00||26:6-6-2||23%||31%||2460×07|
|2||SCENIC SHOT||D L MORTON||S SCRIVEN||15||59||8yo||$2,524,880.00||61:15-7-5||25%||20%||36×7574|
|3||HEART OF DREAMS||M G PRICE||D OLIVER||9||59||5yo||$1,527,610.00||23:6-6-3||26%||39%||327×721|
|4||C’EST LA GUERRE||ROBERT HICKMOTT||NICHOLAS HALL||3||59||6yo||$1,180,813.00||28:6-2-1||21%||11%||05160×0|
|5||PRECEDENCE||J B CUMMINGS||S W ARNOLD||13||59||5yo||$790,720.00||26:6-4-1||23%||19%||1318×02|
|6||GINGA DUDE||G B BOYD||M J WALKER||1||59||7yo||$773,180.00||38:12-5-6||32%||29%||2134x3x4|
|7||MOURAYAN||ROBERT HICKMOTT||D NIKOLIC||10||59||4yo||$619,741.00||19:2-5-3||11%||42%||2073×82|
|8||ALCOPOP||JAKE STEPHENS||B MELHAM||14||59||6yo||$528,255.00||21:8-2-0||38%||10%||5200×91|
|9||MOUDRE||C MAHER||CRAIG WILLIAMS||4||59||5yo||$531,450.00||19:7-4-2||37%||32%||4241×08|
|10||LINTON||ROBERT HICKMOTT||M RODD||8||59||4yo||$394,400.00||11:3-1-3||27%||36%||3120×99|
|11||CEDARBERG||P G CAREY||G SCHOFIELD||6||59||4yo||$222,917.00||13:3-3-1||23%||31%||129×612|
|12||LORD PYRUS||MS J MAWER||N CALLOW||2||59||5yo||$175,728.00||17:5-4-4||29%||47%||38×2215|
|13||MR CHARLIE||P G MOODY||L NOLEN||5||59||5yo||$114,076.00||16:4-4-1||25%||31%||1×15640|
|14||LARISTAN||D A HAYES||B RAWILLER||7||58.5||3yo||$181,772.00||10:5-1-0||50%||10%||4×01|
|15||PLAYING GOD||N D PARNHAM||C NEWITT||11||54.5||3yo||$777,175.00||11:6-1-2||55%||27%||2111×13|
*Flemington Race 7 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.