Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
The $750,000 Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) is the marquee event on a cracker Flemington race-card this Saturday March 5 and below the crew at Races.com.au reveal the insider field and betting analysis based on the 2011 Australian Guineas Form Guide.
The 2011 Australian Guineas is listed as Flemington Race 6 for Saturday, due to jump at 4:05pm (AEDST) with a capacity field engaged for the showdown.After coming up trumps with an advantageous barrier three draw and based on their imposing career record back home in WA, Neville Parnham’s consistent Blackfriars colt Playing God is the firming $5.50 favourite in the 2011 Australian Guineas betting markets at Luxbet.
Throw in wildcard chance We Can Say It Now from New Zealand, last-start CS Hayes Stakes winner Bullbars, unbeaten filly Southern Speed and late entry Under The Eiffel into the mix and this year’s Australian Guineas is shaping up as a beauty.
With so many genuine three-year-olds facing off in the Australian Guineas on Saturday, we have sourced and studied comprehensive field and form guides to reveal to our readers some exclusive Australian Guineas betting advice.
Australian Guineas Betting Advice Based on Form Guide Stats
- There are three last-start winners with #2 Playing God, #7 Bullbars and #16 Southern Speed all coming off a victory
- The only Guineas hopefuls that have had a run at the track and distance are #4 Mr Chard (2-1-1-0), #14 Shamrocker (1-0-0-1), #17 Goldstone (1-0-1-0)
- Above fact shows #4 Mr Chard ($26 Luxbet) is the only horse to have won at Flemington over the mile in the Group 3 Carbine Club Stakes on Derby Day last year
- #1 Anacheeva is the highest earner in the Guineas field having earned $799,275 in prize money
- #16 Southern Speed is the only unbeaten runner with a 100% Win Rate
- #2 Playing God, #11 Under The Eiffel and #13 Enjin Number Nine have the next highest Win Rates of 60%
- #3 Startsmeup and #8 Dusty Star emerge as the best Place Bets through Luxbet with a 50% Place Rate each
- Six contenders have an Australian Guineas winning jockey aboard for Saturday including #8 Dusty Star (Darren Gauci), #13 Enjin Number Nine (Damien Oliver) and #15 We Can Say It Now (Craig Williams)
- No horse has won the Australian Guineas after running worse than fourth in their final lead-up, this rules out nearly half the field
- #6 Hollowlea ($26 Luxbet) is set to jump from barrier four, the gate last year’s Australian Guineas winner Rock Classic started from
- #10 Smokin’ Joey ($41 Luxbet) is the only Australian Guineas hope for trainer Lee Freedman this year, Freedman is the most successful Australian Guineas trainer in recent years with three wins -Mahogany (1994), Flying Spur (1996) and Mr Murphy (2001)
The Races.com.au will have the best 2011 Australian Guineas Day coverage leading up to and on Saturday including betting markets and odds updates, late mail tips and race results so bookmark us.
Check out the full Australian Guineas odds at Luxbet now where you will find a world of better horse racing prices and options!
2011 Australian Guineas Form Guide & Field
Flemington Race 6 – 05/03/2011
|1||ANACHEEVA||P G MOODY||L NOLEN||16||55.5||3yo||$799,275.00||8:4-0-0||50%||0%||4x111x70|
|2||PLAYING GOD||N D PARNHAM||B PREBBLE||3||55.5||3yo||$709,675.00||10:6-1-1||60%||20%||12111×1|
|3||STARTSMEUP||BRUCE HILL||P HAMMERSLEY||17||55.5||3yo||$316,700.00||14:2-3-4||14%||50%||1×35232|
|4||MR CHARD||D R LAWSON||S W ARNOLD||13||55.5||3yo||$351,592.00||12:3-2-1||25%||25%||8211×70|
|5||RUN FOR LEVI||JOHN THOMPSON||C NEWITT||1||55.5||3yo||$301,550.00||15:2-2-2||13%||27%||322×689|
|6||HOLLOWLEA||T & K O’SULLIVAN||NICHOLAS HALL||4||55.5||3yo||$257,575.00||13:4-0-1||31%||8%||103×870|
|7||BULLBARS||PETER SNOWDEN||K MC EVOY||11||55.5||3yo||$234,825.00||7:2-1-2||29%||43%||3438×21|
|8||DUSTY STAR||P MORGAN||D GAUCI||2||55.5||3yo||$222,855.00||14:4-5-2||29%||50%||122117|
|9||SPIRITED EAGLE||L MACDONALD & A GLUYAS||D NIKOLIC||14||55.5||3yo||$188,520.00||9:5-1-1||56%||22%||411×123|
|10||SMOKIN’ JOEY||D L FREEDMAN||J WINKS||6||55.5||3yo||$117,350.00||10:1-1-0||10%||10%||42600×0|
|11||UNDER THE EIFFEL||A J VASIL||M ZAHRA||10||55.5||3yo||$102,988.00||5:3-2-0||60%||40%||21×112|
|12||ECLAIR SURPRISE||P G MOODY||B MELHAM||15||55.5||3yo||$102,675.00||4:2-0-0||50%||0%||171×5|
|M ELLERTON & S ZAHRA||D OLIVER||7||55.5||3yo||$92,890.00||5:3-0-0||60%||0%||15×114|
|14||SHAMROCKER||D T O’BRIEN||G BOSS||9||53.5||3yo||$417,388.00||9:2-1-1||22%||22%||78302×4|
|15||WE CAN SAY IT NOW||M P BAKER||CRAIG WILLIAMS||12||53.5||3yo||$244,386.00||8:4-1-0||50%||12%||51411×5|
|16||SOUTHERN SPEED||L MACDONALD & A GLUYAS||MS C LINDOP||20||53.5||3yo||$188,500.00||3:3-0-0||100%||0%||111|
|17||GOLDSTONE||J B CUMMINGS||M RODD||18||55.5||3yo||$91,500.00||8:1-1-0||12%||12%||4428×07|
|18||LIVEANDLETDIE||M A KAVANAGH||UNKNOWN||19||55.5||3yo||$65,500.00||7:2-1-0||29%||14%||2x915x46|
|19||ROADTRAIN||A J VASIL||UNKNOWN||8||55.5||3yo||$45,675.00||7:3-1-0||43%||14%||118×254|
|M D MORONEY||G BOSS||5||55.5||3yo||$25,125.00||5:1-0-1||20%||20%||1387×5|
*Flemington Race 6 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.