Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
Victoria’s best race for two-year-olds and the headline event at Caulfield this Saturday is the $1 million Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m) and all nous punters will be keen to check out the facts and stats on the field found in the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Form Guide.
The 2011 Patinack Farm Blue Diamond Stakes is scheduled as Race 7 at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday February 26, the showdown set to jump at 4:30pm (AEDST).
A final field of 14 two-year-olds are engaged for this year’s Blue Diamond Stakes.
Peter Snowden’s unbeaten Group winning colt Sepoy is the undisputed favourite, odds-on at a firming quote of $1.55 through Luxbet.
There has been little love from the punters for an upset Blue Diamond Stakes result with only one other runner in the field now at a single-figure price to win.
Hallowell Belle for trainer Peter Moody is the $9.50 second favourite in the Blue Diamond odds, but even this smart filly is a market drifter having come out from $9.
The only market firmer aside from the favourite has been the lightly-raced Atomic, the last start stakes winner on debut in from $13 to $9.50 but recently back out to $10 through Luxbet.
While odds-on favourites have a poor record in Blue Diamonds past, Sepoy is seemingly in a class of his own and his short price is justified.
Horses are only as good as the runners they beat and Sepoy is yet to face some of his Blue Diamond Stakes rivals.
How will they stack up under the pressure? Is there any chance Sepoy’s magic run of wins will be spoiled on Saturday? If he can be beaten, who by? If he can’t be beaten, who finishes off the winning Blue Diamond Stakes Quinella and Trifecta?
Studying the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes race field and form guide is a great way to began to answer some of these questions.
All the stats you need to place a well-informed wager with the best chance of success on Saturday fare found in the field and form guide for the Blue Diamond 2011.
Blue Diamond Betting Tips – Form Guide Facts / Stats:
- 10 of the past 13 Blue Diamond Stakes winners were coming off a last-start victory
- #1 Sepoy, #2 Masthead, #3 Atomic and #9 Anevay are the last start winners in the 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes field
- Anevay won Talindert Stakes last start, the same race last year’s Blue Diamond Stakes winner Star Witness won on way to his Blue Diamond victory 12 months ago
- Nicholas Hall has the mount on Anevay, the jockey who rode Star Witness to victory last year
- #1 Sepoy and #3 Atomic both boast 100% Win Rates
- #7 Running Tall and #14 Hallowell Belle emerge as the best Place Bets based on their 100% Place Rates
- Surprisingly, Sepoy ($197,250) is not the highest earner, #2 Masthead ($223,750) is
- Masthead is the only horse in the field that has run and won over the Blue Diamond Stakes distance of 1200m
- Sepoy is yet to win over a distance greater than 1100m
- #5 Grand Britannia is the best tried runner coming into the Blue Diamond with four career starts
- #1 Sepoy has been ridden by Mark Zahra for all of his career starts to date but has a change of jockey with Kerrin McEvoy aboard for the Blue Diamond
- #4 Delago’s Lad (57.44s) has won over 1000m in a quicker time then Sepoy (57.58s)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au leading up to the Blue Diamond Stakes as will continue to publish the best race forms, betting tips and odds updates for all the Caulfield races on Saturday.
Check the full 2011 Blue Diamond Stakes Field & Form Guide out below then head to our number one online bookmaker Luxbet to back your selections at the best prices.
2011 Patinack Blue Diamond Stakes Field & Form Guide
Caulfield Race 7 – 26/02/2011
|1||SEPOY||PETER SNOWDEN||K MC EVOY||5||55.5||2yo||$197,250.00||3:3-0-0||100%||0%||1×11|
|2||MASTHEAD||D L FREEDMAN||D DUNN||13||55.5||2yo||$223,750.00||3:1-1-0||33%||33%||24×1|
|3||ARCTIC COMMAND||MS W KELLY||DALE SMITH||10||55.5||2yo||$111,000.00||3:1-0-0||33%||0%||41×7|
|4||DELAGO’S LAD||JOHN MCARDLE||CHRIS SYMONS||9||55.5||2yo||$106,700.00||3:1-1-1||33%||67%||2×13|
|5||GRAND BRITANNIA||R E LAING||N RAWILLER||11||55.5||2yo||$92,475.00||4:1-1-0||25%||25%||14×24|
|6||ATOMIC||D L FREEDMAN||C NEWITT||2||55.5||2yo||$60,500.00||1:1-0-0||100%||0%||1|
|7||RUNNING TALL||D T O’BRIEN||B MELHAM||1||55.5||2yo||$36,000.00||2:0-1-1||0%||100%||3×2|
|8||ENVIOUS||C W MCDONALD||G BOSS||8||55.5||2yo||$4,500.00||1:0-0-0||0%||0%||4|
|9||ANEVAY||T R MARTIN||NICHOLAS HALL||3||53.5||2yo||$91,300.00||3:1-2-0||33%||67%||2×21|
|10||SPECTROLITE||R E LAING||D NIKOLIC||14||53.5||2yo||$67,250.00||3:1-0-0||33%||0%||15×6|
|11||HOLDONTOYAHORSES||M G PRICE||D OLIVER||7||53.5||2yo||$57,100.00||3:2-0-0||67%||0%||114|
|12||HELPING HAND||JOHN THOMPSON||J A CASSIDY||12||53.5||2yo||$43,830.00||3:1-0-0||33%||0%||410|
|13||METONYMY||P G MOODY||L NOLEN||6||53.5||2yo||$40,863.00||3:1-1-0||33%||33%||21×4|
|14||HALLOWELL BELLE||P G MOODY||CRAIG WILLIAMS||4||53.5||2yo||$32,250.00||2:0-1-1||0%||100%||2×3|
*Caulfield Race 7 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.