The Joe Pride-trained sprint star Eduardo is red...
Tomorrow, Saturday November 13, the racing action of the Melbourne Spring Carnival comes to a close with Betfair Park Sandown Hillside hosting a bumper nine-race card for the 2010 Sandown Classic Day.
The meeting is headlined by the Group 2 Sandown Classic (2400m) where Zipping is vying for his record fourth straight win in the feature, while three other excellent Group races are also on the card including the Group 2 Sandown Guineas (1600m) for three-year-olds.
To finish the Melbourne Carnival off with a big bang, below you will find the exclusive Races.com.au Sandown Classic Day betting tips including our favourite to win each race as well as our top runners to add into the exotics or back to place.
Sandown Race 1 – Keep The Faith Merson Cooper Stakes (1000m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #4 Metonymy – Rated Special to Win at $5.50 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #7 Predator and #5 Instinction
Maidens race where Peter Moody’s well-bred filly Metonymy looks the pick after an ideal barrier four draw. Predator is on the rails, a real plus for the Exceed And Excel colt who is at generous double figure odds.
Sandown Race 2 – Race-Tech Stakes (1400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Palomares – Rated Special to Win at $2 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #9 Riverinas Girl and #2 Wonderful Lass
Peter Moody’s Commands filly Paolmares is the red hot favourite for a reason, good barrier three draw and coming off a hat trick of wins including the Lexus Hybrid stakes last start. Easy money.
Sandown Race 3 – Rokk Ebony Sandown Cup (3200m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #5 Persian Star – Rated Special to Win at $5.50 Luxbet
- Best to Add into Exotics: #2 Capecover, #1 Illustrious Blue and #4 Above Average
Great distance race to enjoy a punt on. Persian Star is great value – barrier 11 won’t be any worries, they’ve won over the testing 3200m before and are coming off a brilliant third to Moudre in the Queens Cup.
Sandown Race 4 – Kevin Heffernan Stakes (1300m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 All Silent – Rated Special to Win at $4 Luxbet
- Best to Add into Exotics: #10 Avenue, #5 First Command and #6 Gold In Dubai
Really classy field here. All Silent has the rails run, is a Group 1 winner and ran fourth in the Patinack Classic to superstar Black Caviar last start – only one that can handle the weight with ease.
Sandown Race 5 – Zaidee’s Rainbow Foundation Sandown Stakes (1500m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #3 Set For Fame – Rated Special to Win at $4.60 Luxbet
- Best to Add into Exotics: #1 Luen Yat Forever, #6 Demerit and #7 Rockpecker
Set For Fame isn’t the favourite but should be. Won the Caulfield Sprint in style two starts back, has a good draw in eight which will suit her and wasn’t disgraced in the Salinger on a Heavy track last start.
Sandown Race 6 – Betfair Sandown Guineas (1600m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Pressday – Rated Special to Win at $3.60 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #3 Bigelow and #6 Bellissimo
Can’t go past Group 1 winner Pressday. Can be forgiven for failure in Coolmore, better barrier manners tomorrow can win by a big margin with the inside running.
Sandown Race 7 – Patinack Farm Sandown Classic (2400m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #1 Zipping – Rated Special to Win at $1.75 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #3 Manighar and #2 Ginga Dude
Don’t bet against old warhorse Zipping – has this one in the bag. Ideal prep, good barrier, imposing form this spring, unbeaten here – everything says four straight for the nine-year-old.
Sandown Race 8 – Betfair Eclipse Stakes (1800m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #10 Niblick – Rated Special to Win at $2.80 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #3 Hanks and #9 Influential Miss
Stick to the favourite. Niblick is three from three this season including a big win over 1600m on Crown Oaks Day. Has breeding, form and consistency – can last the distance and handle weight.
Sandown Race 9 – Le Pine Funerals Summoned Stakes (1500m)
- Races.com.au Favourite: #6 Believe N Achieve – Rated Special to Win at $6 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #13 Zaira and #9 Aloha
Lots of value in this field. Believe N Achieve ran a big strong fourth in the Myer Classic on Derby Day and the step back to 1500m and drop in weight make the Mark Kavanagh-trained mare hard to go past.
Don’t forget – if you really want to clean up off your bets tomorrow make sure you place your wagers at Luxbet who are offering the Tote + 20% on all the Group races!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.