Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
This Saturday in Sydney a gun field of two-year-olds will do battle at Royal Randwick in the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes 2018, our detailed form guide and betting preview on the autumn classic found below.
There are 15 youngsters in the mix for this year’s edition of the Group 1 $1 million Inglis Sires’ (1400m) and it is the fillies leading the way in betting at Ladbrokes.com.au.
The fillies have more than matched the boys in recent ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes history with four winning since 2010, most recently Yankee Rose (2016).
This weekend the top fancy in the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes odds at $3.40 and firming to be the next is the Tony McEvoy-trained Oohood.
The form lines certainly stack-up for the country’s best maiden, I Am Invincible filly Oohood having had five starts for five placings to amass over $800,000 in prize money.
She is a dual Group 1 placegetter having run third in the Blue Diamond Stakes and second last time out when narrowly beaten home by Estijaab in the Group 1 Golden Slipper Stakes (1200m).
That is the same lead-up that Yankee Rose brought into the ATC Sires’ for her 2016 win and like her, Oohood will be ridden by jockey Zac Purton on Saturday.
Occupying the second line of ATC Sires’ Produce betting this autumn at an also firming price is the Mick Price-trained daughter of Hinchinbrook Seabrook ($5 into $4.80).
Drawn the rails with Damien Oliver to ride from barrier one, Seabrook is looking to close the gap on Oohood having run a close fifth in the Slipper last time out.
To see if the two top fillies in betting are the ones to back on Saturday, below we go over the entire ATC Sires’ Produce 2018 form guide, betting history and statistical data.
2018 ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winner was the Peter & Paul Snowden-trained Invader (2017) who came off a lead-up second in the Group 2 Todman Stakes and jumped from barrier 3 (of 16) with Hugh Bowman riding the $8 shot to victory
- Invader’s co-trainer Peter Snowden has prepared four ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winners in total and is back with son Paul chasing a fifth in 2018 with three chances: #4 Spin ($15), #5 Bondi ($21) and #7 Tchaikovsky ($9.50)
- The only other previous ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winning trainer with a runner on the weekend is fellow four-time winner John Hawkes with #8 Outrageous ($21)
- Hugh Bowman is not riding this weekend but the previous ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winning jockeys with a ride in the race on Saturday are: dual winning hoop Kerrin McEvoy on #2 Long Leaf ($8.50), Blake Shinn on #3 Not A Single Cent ($12) and another two-time champ Zac Purton on the favourite #13 Oohood ($3.40)
- Last year’s winning barrier (3) has produced just two ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winners (since 1983) and is drawn this weekend by #6 Seberate ($19)
- Since 2006 just one ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winner has jumped from a double-digit barrier when Guelph overcame gate 13 of 13 in 2013
- The most successful ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes barrier (since 1983) producing six winners is gate one drawn this weekend by #14 Seabrook ($4.80)
- The next best barrier with five winners is gate five drawn this year by #7 Tchaikovsky ($9.50)
- No ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winner since Viscount (Golden Slipper 8th in 2001) has finished worse than fourth in their lead-up run; this year that rules out: #2 Long Leaf, #8 Outrageous, #9 Ragged Rascal, #10 Ringerdingding, #12 Affogato and #14 Seabrook
- The Golden Slipper Stakes has been the best ATC Sires’ form race to follow producing three of the past six winners and 22 since 1983
- The Golden Slipper Stakes graduates in the race this year are: Oohood (2nd), Seabrook (5th) and Long Leaf (6th)
- #13 Oohood ($3.40) brings the same lead-up form into the race as the 2016 winner Yankee Rose who also ran second in the Golden Slipper and was ridden to ATC Sires’ victory by jockey Zac Purton
- Favourites have a poor recent record in the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes results with Yankee Rose (2016) the only one to salute since Sebring (2008)
- #13 Oohood is looking to win as the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes favourite this weekend
- Since Excites ($21 in 2006) however there has been just one other double-figure shot to win the race with Yosei ($17 in 2010)
- Along with #13 Oohood the other single-figure hopes in ATC Sires’ Produce betting this year are: #14 Seabrook ($4.80), #2 Long Leaf ($8.50) and #7 Tchaikovsky ($9.50)
- Fillies have won four times since 2010 and the three fillies in the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes field this weekend are: #13 Oohood, #14 Seabrook and triple-figure roughie #15 El Dorado Dreaming ($201)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #2 Long Leaf (60%) followed by #3 Not A Single Cent (50%)
- There are two in the race yet to finish out of the money boasting a perfect 100% Place Rate with #11 Adana and #13 Oohood
- The horses with the best form at the Randwick track are: #14 Seabrook (1:1-0-0), #4 Spin (3:0-2-0), #5 Bondi (1:0-1-0), #9 Ragged Rascal (2:0-1-0) and #7 Tchaikovsky (2:0-0-1)
- The horses to have previously run a place over the 1400m distance are: #3 Not A Single Cent (1:1-0-0), #6 Seberate (1:0-1-0) and #4 Spin (1:-0-0-1)
Stay tuned for our insider ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes 2018 tips checking out the complete race form guide in the meantime below courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.