Joe Pride‘s red-hot favourite Eduardo was...
The Tattersall’s Tiara 2017 rounds out the Group 1 racing for another season and below is a full Tatt’s Tiara form guide preview and betting analysis on the Brisbane feature this weekend.
Moved from Eagle Farm to Doomben Racecourse for 2017, this season’s $500,000 Group 1 Tattersall’s Tiara (1350m) is set to run as Race 7 on Saturday at 3:57pm (AEST).
A capacity field of fillies and mares face off in the weight-for-age sprint with the latest Tattersall’s Tiara odds at Ladbrokes.com.au firmly led by the Benjamin Smith-trained In Her Time ($3.30).
The four-year-old mare from Newcastle will jump from barrier 13 at best, but did a stellar job at the track and distance a fortnight back from gate 12 running second to Impending in the $1.5 million Stradbroke Handicap.
The danger in Tattersall’s Tiara betting according to the punters is early market mover Prompt Response ($6.50 into $6) prepared by Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott.
Waterhouse won the race three years back with the filly Cosmic Endeavour who came off a lead-up win in the Group 2 Dane Ripper Stakes.
This Queensland Winter Racing Carnival Prompt Response is out to be the next filly to beat home the older mares in the Tiara and she too won the traditional lead-up with a quarter-length effort over stablemate My True Love in this year’s Dane Ripper on June 10.
That’s the story told by the bookies but to uncover potential value in the winter Group 1 we’ve analysed the full Tattersall’s Tiara 2017 form guide, betting history and statistics.
2017 Tattersall’s Tiara Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Tattersall’s Tiara winner was the Kelly Schweida-trained Miss Cover Girl who came off a Group 2 QTC Cup fourth and jumped from barrier 9 (of 15) at Eagle Farm with Damian Browne aboard to $21 roughie
- Schweida chases back-to-back Tatt’s Tiara wins by a trainer for the first time since 1999-2000 with #7 Miss Cover Girl ($51) back to defend her title
- #7 Miss Cover Girl hasn’t won a race since her 2016 Tattersall’s Tiara victory and Bonanova (1999-2000) is the only previous back-to-back Tattersall’s Tiara winner since the race’s inauguration in 1996
- The other previous Tattersall’s Tiara winning trainers with a runner this weekend are: Chris Waller (Red Tracer in 2013) with #6 French Emotion; Gai Waterhouse (Cosmic Endeavour in 2014) with #14 Prompt Response and the fifth emergency #21e My True Love; and Gerald Ryan (Melito in 2010 & Mon Mekki in 2003) who has the third emergency #19e Girl Sunday
- Last year’s winning hoop Damian Browne is back chasing successive victories by a jockey for the first time in the race’s history aboard the reigning champion #7 Miss Cover Girl
- The other previous Tattersall’s Tiara winning jockeys with a ride in 2017 are: Kerrin McEvoy (Srikandi in 2015) on #5 Tycoon Tara, Jeff Lloyd (Pear Tart in 2012) on #12 Nancy, Michael Cahill (Russeting in 2009) on #13 Kinshachi, Tommy Berry (Cosmic Endeavour in 2014) on #14 Prompt Response and Larry Cassidy (Tripping in 1996) who is on standby for the second emergency #18e Savoureux
- The Tattersall’s Tiara Barrier Draw form is hard to do in 2017 as the race is traditionally run over 1400m at Eagle Farm not 1350m at Doomben
- From the previous Tattersall’s Tiara results three of the past five winners jumped from a wide barrier draw including Srikandi (15 of 15 in 2015) when the race took place at the Gold Coast and Red Tracer (16 of 16 in 2013) at Eagle Farm
- The Stradbroke Handicap has produced eight Tattersall’s Tiara winners since 1996 with Srikandi (1st in 2015) the latest completing the Group 1 double
- This year the Stradbroke graduates backing up in the Tatt’s Tiara field are In Her Time (2nd) and Egyptian Symbol (7th)
- In the past decade four favourites in Tattersall’s Tiara betting have saluted with Srikandi ($4.25 in 2015) the latest
- #3 In Her Time ($3.30) is out to be the next Tattersall’s Tiara favourite to get the job done this weekend
- In the past 10 years just 3 of the Tattersall’s Tiara favourites failed to finish in the money
- In the past 10 years five Tattersall’s Tiara winners jumped at double-figures including Miss Cover Girl ($21 in 2016) and Russeting ($21 in 2009) at big odds
- Along with the favourite #3 In Her Time the other single-figure hopes in the Tattersall’s Tiara odds this year are: #14 Prompt Response ($6), #15 Eckstein ($9.50) and #10 Bonny O’Reilly ($9.50)
- The other key Tatt’s Tiara lead-up race from the past decade is the Dane Ripper Stakes producing four winners since 2009 including Red Tracer (2013) and Cosmic Endeavour (2014) who both completed the double
- #14 Prompt Response is out to complete the Dane Ripper Stakes – Tattersall’s Tiara double in 2017
- The other Dane Ripper Stakes graduates accepted for the Tiara on the weekend are: fifth emergency My True Love (2nd), Bonny O’Reilly (3rd), Sold For Song (4th), Tycoon Tara (7th), Madotti (10th) and French Emotion (12th)
- Three-year-old fillies have won the Tattersall’s Tiara five times in the past 10 years most recently in 2014 (Cosmic Endeavour)
- The fillies in the mix this year are: #14 Prompt Response, #15 Eckstein, #16 Rare Occurrence, #20e All Over Bosanova and #21e My True Love
- Four-year-old mares have won the past two editions of the Tiara and #3 In Her Time is the best fancied of this age group on Saturday
- #5 Tycoon Tara ($21) is out to be the first six-year-old Tattersall’s Tiara winner in history
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #10 Bonny O’Reilly (70%) followed by the fourth emergency #20e All Over Bosanova (63%) and #15 Eckstein (50%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #10 Bonny O’Reilly (90%) followed by #13 Kinshachi (80%)
- The previous winners at the Doomben track are: #16 Rare Occurrence (9-4-0-1) #7 Miss Cover Girl (15-2-2-4), #11 Bidii Babe (7-2-0-2), #10 Bonny O’Reilly (2-1-0-1), #1 Madotti (11-1-12), #9 Sold For Song (5-1-1-0), #2 Danish Twist (1-1-0-0), #8 Miss Gunpowder (1-1-0-0), #14 Prompt Response (1-1-0-0), #17e Maternal (2-1-0-0), #18e Savoureux (1-1-0-0) and #20e All Over Bosanova (3-1-1-0)
- The only runners yet to post a win over the distance (1300m – 1400m) are: #4 Egyptian Symbol, #11 Bidii Babe, #13 Kinshachi, #18e Savoureux and #20e All Over Bosanova
Stay tuned for our insider Tattersall’s Tiara 2017 betting tips, checking out the full race form guide courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au below in the meantime.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.