The airborne Kelly Schweida-trained...
The 2017 Randwick Guineas is a key feature in Sydney on Saturday, a comprehensive form guide analysis and betting preview for the three-years-old Group 1 found below.
There are thirteen remaining hopefuls in the $1 million Group 1 Randwick Guineas (1600m) field after the early scratching of the Grahame Begg-trained Land Of Plenty (3) who races in Melbourne’s Australian Guineas instead.
Leading the updated Randwick Guineas betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au at $4.50 is the Chris Waller-trained Comin’ Through who now gets the run of the race from barrier three.
A half-brother to proven mudlark Criterion, this progressive Fastnet Rock colt should be able to handle the Heavy-rated Randwick track and looks set to peak third-up getting out over a mile.
Like the 2017 Australian Guineas at Flemington, the Randwick Guineas odds are wide open this autumn with a further five chances under double-figures for the win.
The main dangers present as the Hobartville Stakes winnLaster Man From Uncle ($6) who is drawn wide but gets options from the gate, the Team Hawkes-trained Inference ($6) and Kris Lees’ flying filly Invincible Gem ($7) chasing her fourth win on the trot.
That’s the story told by the markets but below we gather the full Randwick Guineas facts based on the form guide, betting history and statistical data on the classic.
2017 Randwick Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Randwick Guineas winner was the Kris Lees-trained Le Romain (2016) who came off a second in the Hobartville Stakes, jumped from barrier 8 (of 13) and had Christian Reith aboard as a $21 shot in betting
- Kris Lees (1-1-0-0) chases successive wins this season with #14 Invincible Gem ($7)
- John Hawkes was the last trainer of back-to-back Randwick Guineas winners with Fine Society (2003) and Niello (2004)
- The other previous Randwick Guineas winning trainers with a runner this weekend are: James Cummings (2-1-0-1) with #1 Prized Icon ($7.50) chasing his first win as a solo trainer; Anthony Cummings (8-1-1-0) with #2 Man From Uncle ($6); and John Hawkes (15-5-1-0) with #3 Inference ($6)
- The previous Randwick Guineas winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Corey Brown (9-1-3-1) on #12 Hardham ($61) and Brenton Avdulla (2-1-0-0) on #14 Invincible Gem ($7)
- The Hobartville Stakes is the key Randwick Guineas form race to follow producing six of the past seven winners
- #2 Man From Uncle ($6) chases the Hobartville Stakes – Randwick Guineas double for the third time in three years joining Dissident (2014) and Hallowed Crown (2015)
- The other Hobartville Stakes graduates in the Group 1 on Saturday are: Echo Effect (2nd), Comin’ Through (3rd), Inference (5th), Prized Icon (6th) and Acatour (7th)
- Along with Man From Uncle the other last start winner in the field is #14 Invincible Gem (Group 3 Spring Stakes, 1600m, Randwick, 13/02/2017)
- Only one filly has won the Randwick Guineas since 2003 with Mosheen (2012)
- #14 Invincible Gem is the only filly taking on the boys in the Randwick Guineas this year
- Last year’s winning barrier (8) has produced three Randwick Guineas winners (since 1983) and belongs on the weekend to #6 Acatour after the scratching of #8 Land Of Plenty
- The most successful Randwick Guineas barriers in that time producing four winners each are 2, 4, 11 and 14 belonging this year to: #4 Echo Effect (2), #11 Harper’s Choice (4) and #13 Impavido (11)
- Four favourites have won the Randwick Guineas in the past decade most recently with Ilovethiscity (2011)
- #5 Comin’ Through ($4.50) leads Randwick Guineas betting in 2017
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #2 Man From Uncle (60%) followed by #14 Invincible Gem (50%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #2 Man From Uncle (100%) and #9 Malaise (100%) followed by #11 Harper’s Choice (88%) and #4 Echo Effect (86%)
- The previous winners at the Randwick track in the line-up are: #1 Prized Icon (8-2-1-3), #2 Man From Uncle (2-1-1-0) and #14 Invincible Gem (1-1-0-0)
- The previous winners over the 1600m distance are: #1 Prized Icon (3-2-0-0), #5 Comin’ Through (1-1-0-0) and #14 Invincible Gem (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned for our inside Randwick Guineas 2017 tips and betting selections, checking out the full race form guide below courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au – home of Enhanced Odds on the race (T&Cs apply / Max Bet $100).
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.