The money continues to roll in for Annabel...
The big one this weekend runs at Sydney’s Warwick Farm Racecourse with a crack line-up of three-year-olds facing off in the Randwick Guineas 2013– betting tips and exotic selections straight from the Races.com.au team of experts for which are listed below.
Running as Warwick Farm Race 6 with a jump time of 4:10pm (AEST) the field for the $500,000 Group 1 Hyland Race Colours Royal Randwick Guineas (1600m) is down to 11 hopefuls following the early scratching of #8 Ashokan and #11 High Shot.
Topping the Randwick Guineas odds at a steady $2.80 is Gary Portelli’s consistent California Dane colt Rebel Dane after their fifth win from six career starts, this to be their first test in Group 1 company and their first look at the mile.
The Randwick Guineas market mover meanwhile is Murray Baker’s Group 1 winning Kiwi It’s A Dundeel who has been well backed in from $6.50 to $6 to score an upset and erase their trainer’s concerns about the track at Warwick Farm.
The only other runner under $10 is then the Gai Waterhouse-trained emphatic Newcastle Spring Stakes winner from last season Proisir ($3.40) who comes off a third in the Hobartville Stakes.
The Hobartville has produced three Randwick Guineas winners since 2006 and was also the final lead-up run for Rebel Dane (2nd) and It’s A Dundeel (4th).
So is this top fancied trio the best to lock in for the winning Randwick Guineas trifecta on the weekend?
Or is there better value to be had elsewhere in the markets with a double-figure smokey such as Australian Guineas winner Ferlax ($14), or the Chris Waller-trained stablemates Tougher Than Ever ($10) and Sacred Falls ($11) who are both Group 1 winners back home in their native NZ with the Kiwi form often stacking up this time of year.
#7 Rebel Dane ($2.80)
- Should get the run of the race from barrier one
- Jason Collett may not have ridden a Group 1 winner but knows this horse having been aboard for all their starts so far
- Has four wins from five starts so is consistent and knows how to win
- Group 2 Royal Sovereign Stakes win two back was very flashy
- First time at the mile but trainer believes it will suit
- Only just lost to Pierro in the Hobartville in the wet last time out in a brave effort
- Will be better on top of the ground if the track remains dry
- Locally-trained with the inside experience at the notoriously tricky Warwick Farm track
#3 Proisir ($3.40)
- Ace barrier three draw which will allow them to be up on the speed and lead where they will be hard to run down
- Beat one of the main dangers It’s A Dundeel home by one in the Hobartville last start from a wide gate
- Hugh Bowman rides and Gai Waterhouse trains – both pluses especially with a three-year-old in Sydney
- 50% win rate with three wins from their six starts
- Their six length victory in the Group 3 Spring Stakes (Newcastle) last year was over this distance (1600m) and was very impressive
- Undefeated second-up
#4 Ferlax ($14)
- Options from gate eight and the time to get across
- Group 1 winner over the mile in the Australian Guineas last time out
- Paid $16 then and is at a comparative price here
- Also jumped from barrier eight (of 15) then
- Undefeated with four wins from as many starts
- Hong Kong-based jockey Brett Prebble gets the ride and will bring Group 1 experience
- Has been worked by trainer Jim Conlan the Sydney way of racing
- Is another that needs the rain to stay away to feature
Roughie We Like
#2 Tatra ($26)
- If the rain stays away $26 for Tatra is outstanding value
- May have a wide barrier but is a horse that will be right up on the speed
- One of three for Peter Snowden and the one he likes best
- Gets the stables No. 1 rider Kerrin McEvoy so there’s faith from connections
- Won the Group 2 Sandown Guineas over the mile last November
- Other runs over the distance were a very close second in a Flemington Group 3 during the Melbourne Cup Carnival, and a third to Pierro in the Group 1 Champagne Stakes last autumn
- 9th in the Hobartville can be forgiven – they don’t go well in the wet
- Good second-up record having won the Listed Ming Dynasty (1400m) two runs in at this track last prep
Like our logic and want to lock in our Randwick Guineas trifecta tip? Or have your own selections ready to go that you want to lock in at the hottest prices?
Visit the country’s leading online bookie bookmaker.com.au today and access all the best racing odds for this weekend including the eight Randwick Guineas Day races at ‘The Farm’.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.