Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
They are a Group 1 winner in Sydney from last preparation but can Murray Baker’s Kiwi raider It’s A Dundeel get back to their best with another elite level win in the 2013 Randwick Guineas this weekend?
The High Chaparral colt enjoyed a nice win over the odds-on favourite Proisir in the Group 1 Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) at Randwick last October and shoot for their first victory since in Saturday’s $500,000 Group 1 Randwick Guineas (1600m).
They will be second-up for the season after returning to Sydney on March 2 when a credible fourth behind Pierro in the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes (1400m) on a Heavy (9) Rosehill track.
It will be a similar field of rivals, minus the winner who is being saved for the Group 1 Canterbury Stakes (1300m) Saturday week, that It’s A Dundeel will face in the Randwick Guineas.
Also coming via that race is the runner-up Rebel Dane who won the Royal Sovereign Stakes the start before and third placegetter Proisir who managed to turn the tables on It’s A Dundeel there.
The latest Randwick Guineas betting odds are led by the Gary Portelli-trained market mover Rebel Dane ($2.80) who is tipped to handle their first run over the mile they way they have handled all other tests put to them so far.
It’s A Dundeel meanwhile occupies the third line of betting at $6.50 also trailing Proisir ($3.40).
So does It’s A Dundeel stand a chance of a form return here? Or will they be running for the minor placings again?
#1 It’s A Dundeel – Horse Form
- Barrier: 2
- Jockey: James McDonald
- Trainer: Murray Baker
- Owners: Mr A I Craig, Mrs W A Craig, Mr M M Andersen, Mrs J P Andersen, Mr M J Craig, Mrs S S Craig, Mr D C Morison, Ms J E Morison, Mr G P Chaplow, Mrs T P Andersen, Mr M P Brown, Mrs J M Brown, Mr T J Joyce, Mrs J Joyce, Mr A M Muollo, Mrs G Muollo, Mr D Focas, Mrs A F Focas
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by High Chaparral from Stareel
- Career: 8-5-1-0
- Win: 62.50%
- Place: 75.00%
- Last 6: 1127×4
- Prize Money: $490,905
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2013 Randwick Guineas Odds: $6.50
Why It’s A Dundeel Can Win the Randwick Guineas 2013
- Has gate two so no ground to make up if they get a clear run
- Is a Group 1 winner in Sydney in the Spring Champion Stakes over 2000m last season
- Hasn’t raced over exactly 1600m before but did win over 1580m at Canterbury and over 1800m in the Group 3 Gloaming Stakes at Randwick in the spring
- May have finished behind the lies of Rebel Dane and Proisir in the Hobartville but really caught the eye there when a brave fourth coming from the back of the field
- Unbeaten second-up
- Top hoop James McDonald stays on having ridden them for all eight of their starts to date
- Right pedigree to win this race with another son of High Chaparral – Shoot Out – having taken out the 2010 Randwick Guineas
- Good winning strike rate of 62.50% with five wins from eight starts
Why It’s A Dundeel Can’t Score an Upset 2013 Randwick Guineas Result
- Racing style of this horse would suggest a wider barrier would suit better here
- Mile too short?
- Rain predicted which would work against them – they prefer it a little firmer
- Needs to beat home #7 Rebel Dane ($2.80) and #3 Proisir ($3.40) who got the better of them last start
When you’ve selected the horse you want to back in the Randwick Guineas this year why not combine the Fixed Win odds on them with exclusive margin betting in bookmaker.com.au’s exclusive Pick Your Own Odds markets letting you choose the margin your horse will win by to improve their price!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.