The countdown to the Sydney Spring Racing...
This Saturday a bumper 17-horse field lead by Doncaster Mile-bound Niagara will face off in the 2012 Ajax Stakes at Rosehill Gardens, and to help our readers clean out the bookies on the weekend below we have made our insider tips on the race public knowledge.
Due to jump at 3:30pm (NSW time) as Rosehill Race 6 at 3:30pm, the $175,000 Group 2 Ajax Stakes (1500m) features both new and old talent and really is shaping up as an intriguing edition of this Doncaster lead-up.
From Peter Snowden’s up-and-coming but widely-drawn colt Pied A Terre to Grahame Begg’s rising nine-year-old All Silent, there are horses of all ages out for the title on Saturday.
So which will get to the line first? Will Gai Waterhouse’s favourite relish the distance and win second-up? Can their stablemate Fast Clip improve on a Liverpool City Cup third and get home first in this?
The full Races.com.au team’s Ajax Stakes tips including who to back and roughies to have a crack at are listed below, so happy betting at bookmaker.com.au!
Rosehill Race 6 Betting – 2012 Ajax Stakes Tips
Races.com.au Tip To Win
#13 Niagara ($4.60 bookmaker.com.au)
Hard to go past the favourite here for a number of reasons, and their odds aren’t too short either. They didn’t like the 2500m of last year’s Victoria Derby, but up to 2000-metres they look a genuine Group 1 horse in the making.
They resumed to finish an eye-catching second to Nobby Snip in a Randwick black-type over 1200m, with more distance here they will find that line and find it well.
Best Place Bets
#12 Hood ($14) and #15 Al Dhafra ($26) – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Guy Walter’s Shamardal five-year-old looks in possibly career best form. They won the Listed National Sprint (1400m) at Canberra last start in fine style, their Rosehill record is fair and the distance from their inside draw is going to suit. Weighted for victory too on the minimum 53kg.
If they can get over from the extreme outside gate, then Walter’s other runner Al Dhafra is no dummy and worth a look in at those odds in the Trifecta or your First Four bets at bookmaker.com.au. Bossy has the ride so that’s a plusand they caught the eye over the Warwick Farm mile with a big weight (59.5kg) last start, dropping to 53kg on Saturday can see a rise.
Roughie To Try
#5 Ironstein ($41 bookmaker.com.au)
Ok so this one’s a real roughie, but Gerald Ryan’s resuming Group 3 winner at Flemington during the Melbourne Cup Carnival has talent and while this is a little short of their preferred, their first-up record isn’t something to ignore.
2012 Ajax Stakes Betting Moves
Rosehill Race 6 – 3:30pm – 31/03/2012
- #1 All Silent – $17 out to $21 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #2 Triple Elegance – Steady at $21 through bookmaker.com.au
- #3 Gathering – Steady at $81 through bookmaker.com.au
- #4 Rock Classic – Steady at $34 through bookmaker.com.au
- #5 Ironstein – Steady at $41 through bookmaker.com.au
- #6 Absolutely – Steady at $51 through bookmaker.com.au
- #7 Fast Clip – Steady at $7.50 through bookmaker.com.au
- #8 Pied a Terre – $5.50 out to $6 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #9 Firebolt – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #10 Star Of Octagonal – Steady at $9 through bookmaker.com.au
- #11 Speediness – Steady at $6 through bookmaker.com.au
- #12 Hood – Steady at $14 through bookmaker.com.au
- #13 Niagara – Steady at $4.60 through bookmaker.com.au
- #14 Happy Trails – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #15 Al Dhafra – Steady at $26 through bookmaker.com.au
- #16 Alma’s Fury – $13 out to $14 @ bookmaker.com.au
- #17 Knot Out – Scratched
- #18 Revolt – Steady at $61 through bookmaker.com.au
*Fixed Win Odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.