Last year’s seven-length champion Zaaki returns...
Zabeel four-year-old Maluckyday burst onto the Australian racing scene during the spring scoring an impressive 1 ¾ length win in the Group 3 The Lexus Stakes (2500m) at Flemington on Victoria Derby Day.
Odds on the Michael, Wayne and John Hawkes-trained runner consequently shortened dramatically in the Melbourne Cup odds and Maluckday went on to run a gallant second behind Americain in the $6 million showdown.
Tipped to become one of our star stayers, Maluckday is now the $7 top elect in the futures markets at Luxbet for the $2.25 million Group 1 The BMW (2400m) at Rosehill Gardens on Golden Slipper Stakes Day, April 2, 2011.
Shocking is the $9 second favourite in the Luxbet The BMW markets.
The 2009 Melbourne Cup winner is set to resume racing in the Group 1 CF Orr Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield this Saturday, February 12, currently a $51 roughie in the field behind hot favourite Typhoon Tracy.
Other top fancies in the Fixed Win The BMW 2011 odds at Luxbet include:
- Zipping ($10) – Lloyd Williams’ nine-year-old in red-hot form during the spring and also running first-up in the CF Orr
- Descarado ($13) – Gai Waterhoue’s High Chaparral four-year-old who won the 2010 Caulfield Cup
- Harris Tweed ($13) – Genuine Kiwi stayer ran a good second in the Caulfield Cup and then fifth in the Melbourne Cup last year
- Linton ($13) – Stablemate of Zipping, improving Galileo four-year-old has the ability to win a Group 1 this season
- Metal Bender ($13) – Consistent five-year-old from the stables of Chris Waller, didn’t have the best spring season but is a multiple Group 1 winner that can return to form
- Moudre ($13) – One time favourite for the Caulfield Cup, Ciaron Maher’s Warrnambool galloper ideally suited to The BMW distance
Longer-priced The BMW entries that could prove excellent value bets come Golden Slipper Day include New Zealand stayer Ginga Dude ($26) winner of the Group 1 Zabeel Classic in NZ last start also experienced on Aussie tracks, last year’s Caulfield Guineas winner Anacheeva ($31) and Victoria Derby runner-up Praecido ($67).
Premier online bookie Luxbet have Win and Place odds open on all 75 horses nominated for the 2011 The BMW.
These are the most generous prices you will get for this year’s The BMW so head to Luxbet now and get in on the futures betting action!
2011 The BMW Odds
|Once Were Wild||17.00|
|At First Sight||21.00|
|Cest La Guerre||26.00|
|Keep The Peace||31.00|
*Fixed Win Odds Subject to Change – Check Luxbet for Updates & Full Markets
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.