Phillip Stokes’ Sir John Monash Stakes winning...
Racing NSW has today confirmed a number of changes to programming and prize money throughout the forthcoming 2017 Spring Racing Carnival.
Headlined by the inaugural running of the $10 million The Everest (1200m) at Royal Randwick on October 14th, Racing NSW has restructured the Spring Carnival to favour sprinters, middle-distance horses and stayers, while also focusing on major three-year-old events.
“The Sydney Spring Carnival continues to deliver racing of the highest quality and these program improvements will provide enhanced opportunities for connections with horses in sprinting, middle distance and staying categories,” ATC Chairman Lauri Macri said in a statement on the Racing NSW website.
“The revised three-year-old program in particular is very exciting as it presents a more streamlined pathway towards the Group 1 De Bortoli Wines Golden Rose. This also allows a better progression for three-year-old sprinter-milers aimed at feature races in Melbourne later in spring.”
$2 million of addition prize money has also been injected into some of the Sydney Spring Carnival’s black type races, further to the lucrative prize pool on offer to contestants in The Everest.
The date changes and prize money additions for the 2017 Sydney Spring Carnival are:
- San Domenico Stakes Saturday 26thAugust
- Ming Dynasty Saturday 26thAugust
- Run To The Rose Saturday 9thSeptember
- Stan Fox Stakes Saturday 9thSeptember
- Golden Rose Saturday 23rdSeptember
- Reginald Allen Quality Saturday 14thOctober
- Roman Consul Stakes Saturday 7thOctober
- Kingston Town Stakes Saturday 16thSeptember
- The Rosebud $150,000 (previously $100,000)
- Premiere Stakes $500,000 (previously $200,000)
- Hill Stakes $500,000 (previously $200,000)
- Craven Plate $500,000 (previously $125,000)
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.