There was no love for Tofane in Saturday’s...
A class field of three-year-old milers take to the Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas 2016 field on Saturday in Melbourne, a detailed form guide and betting preview for the feature found below.
Running as Caulfield Race 8 at 4:30pm (AEDT) on the cracking 10-race program, this year’s $1 million Group 1 Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas (1600m) features a 14-starter field.
Two youngsters are currently sharing $4.80 equal favouritism in the latest Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas odds at Ladbrokes.com.au with the bookies have a hard time separating the chances of Impending and Good Standing who ran one-two in the Group 2 Stan Fox Stakes (1500m) in Sydney last time out.
So will the Sydney form stack-up again after the past two Caulfield Guineas winners came off a Stan Fox win, or is the value in the Prelude winner Sacred Elixir ($6.50) or even last Friday night’s Group 2 Stutt Stakes winner over the distance Hey Doc ($10)?
It is an open edition of the Caulfield Guineas so we turn to the form guide, betting history and statistics with the must know Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas facts detailed right here to help you place a winning wager this weekend.
2016 Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Caulfield Guineas winner was the Chris Waller-trained Press Statement (2015) who came off a Stan Fox Stakes win in Sydney, jumped from barrier 14 (of 16) and saluted for the punters as the favourite with Hugh Bowman aboard
- Press Statement was the second horse in as many years to complete the Stan Fox Stakes – Caulfield Guineas double following the success of Shooting To Win (2014)
- This year #2 Impending ($4.80) comes off the Stan Fox Stakes victory in Sydney and is out to frank that form again
- Last year’s winning trainer Chris Waller is without a Caulfield Guineas starter
- The previous Caulfield Guineas winning trainers with a runner on Saturday are: Team Hawkes (3-1-0-0) including John Hawkes (25-1-1-4) who saddle up #4 Divine Prophet ($4.80); and David Hayes (17-2-0-2) who trains #7 Seaburge ($19) under the Lindsay Park banner
- Last year’s winning jockey Hugh Bowman chases back-to-back wins aboard #3 Good Standing ($8.50)
- Along with Bowman (5-1-0-0) the other previous Caulfield Guineas winning jockeys with a ride on the weekend are: Luke Nolen (6-2-0-1) on #9 Wazzenme ($21); Kerrin McEvoy (10-2-0-3) on #10 Evacuation ($7.50); James McDonald (2-1-0-0) on #2 Impending; Dwayne Dunn (9-1-1-1) on #4 Divine Prophet; and Damien Oliver (18-1-5-1) on #6 Saracino ($13)
- As well as the winner Impending (1st) the other Stan Fox Stakes graduates in the Group 1 on Saturday are: Divine Prophet (2nd) and Good Standing (3rd)
- The other key lead-up race is the Caulfield Guineas Prelude that has produced four of the past seven winners including Helmet (2011) and Anacheeva (2010) who completed the double
- This year #1 Sacred Elixir ($6.50) chases the Caulfield Guineas Prelude – Caulfield Guineas double
- The other Prelude graduates running in the weekend’s grand final are: Revolving Door (2nd), Wazzenme (3rd), Seaburge (4th), Saracino (5th), So Si Bon (6th) and Evacuation (7th)
- Last year’s winning barrier (14) has produced just the one champion in the race since 1983
- Just two Caulfield Guineas winner in the past 10 years have jumped from double-digit barriers ruling out #2 Impending (10), #3 Good Standing (11), #13 So Si Bon (12), #5 Hey Doc (13) and #11 Land Of Plenty (14) this year
- The most successful Caulfield Guineas barrier (since 1983) with seven winners is barrier one drawn on Saturday by #4 Divine Prophet
- The other most successful gate with five winners in that time is barrier four drawn this year by #6 Saracino
- Favourites have won five of the past 10 editions of the race and this year the top fancies are #2 Impending and #4 Divine Prophet
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #10 Evacuation (67%) followed by #1 Sacred Elixir (57%) and #5 Hey Doc (57%)
- The best Place Rate of the runners is 100% with #2 Impending, #12 Kaching and #14 Barbie’s Boy all yet to finish out of the money
- The only hopes with previous form over the distance (1600m) are: #1 Sacred Elixir (1-1-0-0), #5 Hey Doc (1-1-0-0), #12 Kaching (2-0-0-2), #4 Divine Prophet (1-0-0-1) and #11 Land Of Plenty (2-0-1-0)
- The runners with the best form at the track (Caulfield) are: #1 Sacred Elixir (1-1-0-0), #9 Wazzenme (5-0-2-2), #8 Revolving Door (4-0-1-0) and #12 Kaching (1-0-0-1)
- The last New Zealand horse to win the Caulfield Guineas was Our Maizcay (1995); this year two Kiwis are out to break the drought with #1 Sacred Elixir and #6 Saracino
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas 2016 betting tips.
In the meantime check out the full 2016 Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas form guide below provided by Ladbrokes.com.au – home of the weekend’s best betting odds and offers including on Winx in the Caulfield Stakes.
2016 Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.